Mechanical Engineer to ALPS Alpine
Do you want to be a part of ALPS Alpines vision "Perfecting the Art of Electronics"? Do you want to work with and develop products within the cabin area that have requirements for both design and function properties? Are you a communicative, flexible and initiative person, who have a passion for mechanical solutions? Now you have the opportunity to work with high-tech premium products together with engaged colleagues in national and international projects! Welcome with your application!
ALPS Alpine Europe GmbH – Sweden Filial., one of the world’s premier manufacturers of electronic components for computer, communications and car electronic equipment and is the industry leading manufacturer of high-performance mobile electronics. ALPS Alpine, founded in 1948, is the only manufacturer specializing in mobile multimedia, an integrated system approach incorporating digital entertainment, security and navigation products for mobile entertainment. On January 1, 2019, ALPS Electric Co., Ltd. and Alpine Electronics, Inc. integrated their businesses and started out afresh as ALPS Alpine Co., Ltd. ALPS Alpine will steadily bring about synergies by drawing on the two companies' advantages in core devices, system design and software development.
The team in Gothenburg, Sweden is growing and are now looking for a Mechanical Engineer who will join the application engineering teams, which manages automotive procuts in the cabin area. Typically you will work with devices with a human-machine-interface, such as an overhead console and handsfree microphones.
ALPS Alpine offers you:
- To become a vital part of an inspired and supporting team at an international company practicing collegial spirit and teamwork
- Vertical and lateral growth within the organization for excelling employees
- Introduction program and trainings alongside mentorship to provide the best conditions for your career within the company
As a Mechanical Engineer you will be working mainly in teams of three members; A project leader, system engineer and mechanical engineer. The team acts as the local interface towards the customers for the ongoing development projects as well in the promotion phase of new products and concepts. Multiple projects will run in parallel, meaning you should have a structured work approach that allows your multi-tasking ability. The team acts as a commercial and engineering link between customer and design center, and are involved in detail design issues and accordingly suggests the mechanical solution. In your role you will also:
- Review product requirment documents and CAD models received from the customer, to ensure the Asian design centre recieves and understands the requirments.
- Act as an intermediary between customer andand the Asian design engineers, to meet both cost efficient mechanical solutions that still holds expected performance.
- Join regular product design reviews with customer.
- Deliver prototype parts during the development. Furthermore review product appearance together with customer, to receive feedback to the design engineers.
- Support the quality teams with mechanical competence, in case quialty issues appears.
- Be a part of demonstrations of prototype designs and manufacturing, during promotion phase.
You are professional in the way you work and communicate, with willingness to take full ownership in solving issues and show perseverance in the resolution. Being able to take own initiatives and work independently will highly be beneficial. Being a team player is something that describes you as a person, with willingness to go outside your expertise to help members in the team and colleagues in general. You as a person are eager to learn and to continue to develop in your role and within the company.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Well-respected knowledge in Catia V5, to be able to make complicated CAD models
- Understanding of electronics and software, to understand the overall design and function
- Meritorious if you have a interest in making principal prototypes using 3D-printers and CNC-machines
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Driver's license (B)
- Start: According to agreement
- Contract: Full time - Recruitment
- Location: Västra Frölunda, Gothenburg
- Contact information:[ Link removed ] This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work and all questions regarding the position are handled by[ Link removed ] .
- Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
For more information about ALPS Alpine – click[ Link removed ] !
Job ID: 15091046-SE