As Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for all legal topics within our Swedish entity. You will work closely with all departments and support them with legal advice and review of business processes and contracts.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Provide the company´s management and departments with proactive legal advice and support with regard to financing and leasing of vehicles, connected services, corporate governance, marketing, privacy, digitalization, collection and procurement topics
- Structure business models under legal aspects; draft, coordinate and negotiate legally binding documents both internally and with external stakeholders
- Monitor the development of applicable legal frameworks; arrange for the required adaptations of company policies, processes, documents; provide trainings for staff
- Support the implementation of central legal programs and standards on a local level, especially with regard to contract management. Inform the organization about legal requirements on standards and processes, templates, documentation and contracts
- Support in certain compliance areas, in particular with respect to antitrust, anti-bribery, CAS and AML.
As part of the Legal & Compliance team, you will be an active stakeholder in both internal and external projects. You will liaise regularly with HQ Legal and Compliance departments, as well as with external counsel. You will report directly to our CEO.
The Legal & Compliance team consists of a Compliance Officer, a Legal Counsel responsible for all legal topics within the Danish entity and a Legal Counsel responsible for all legal topics within the Swedish entity. The team is located in Malmö. Some travelling to the Danish office in Copenhagen will be required. Occasional travelling to other destinations, e.g. Germany, is foreseen.
Who are you?
You have a Swedish law degree, and approx. 3-5 years of relevant legal experience, either from a law firm or from an in-house position, preferably within a financial organization. You have a sound understanding of financing, leasing and complex commercial agreements. It is a plus if you have worked with antitrust topics before. In addition, you are a solution-oriented person with strong stakeholder management skills.
You should enjoy working in an international, dynamic and fast-changing environment, in which you are able to create structure and order, and you should be comfortable in delivering output independently and on short deadlines. You are willing to assume responsibility and able to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously. You have good analytical and communication skills. You have high integrity and a good judgment, as integrity is a core value for our organization.
You have excellent business English and you are fluent in Swedish. Danish and German skills are a plus, but not required.
In this recruitment process, Mercedes-Benz is supported by Jurek Rekrytering & Bemanning. Interviews will be carried out as applications (in English) are received so please apply as soon as possible via www.jurek.se. Please note that we do not accept applications by mail. For any questions, please contact recruitment consultant Helena Woodcock by phone 0733 – 109585, or by email at [ Email address blocked ]
Mercedes-Benz Finans Sweden AB and Denmark A/S offer financial services for both B2B and B2C for Mercedes-Benz vehicles. We are part of the Daimler group and have a joint Swedish-Danish organization, with our headquarter located in the Öresund region.
At Mercedes-Benz Finans, we strive to be a contemporary and leading employer. We work actively to promote work-life-balance through, for example, offering flexible working hours when possible. We are a multicultural organization and we actively work with topics within the field of diversity and equal opportunity. We strive to have a respecting and inclusive organizational culture where individuals feel valued, appreciated and engaged.