At Axis, our people are crucial to our success - without them, we wouldn't be the global leader in network video surveillance. We are growing in terms of both revenue and employees, and we are offering an excellent opportunity to work in a great company, with a friendly team to support the growth and success of Axis. We are now looking for a Legal Counsel specialized in Trade Compliance matters that wants to join our fantastic Legal Team in Lund and contribute to our success journey forward!
Who is your future team?
The Legal Team consists of experienced legal advisors with a deep understanding of Axis' business. We work as an integral part of the daily business - with great impact and in close collaboration with our stakeholders. We support the Axis Group globally in cooperation with external legal advisors. Currently the Team includes legal counsels, senior legal counsels, trade compliance specialists and para legal. Our common goal is to support Axis' sustainable and successful growth through tailor-made, smart legal and strategical advice. Besides having an important purpose as a Legal Counsel specialized in Trade Compliance legislation, you will also work with the greatest inhouse Legal Team consisting of 11 positive, driven, professional and including team members that are looking forward to meeting you!
What you will do here as Legal Counsel
As Legal Counsel you will work both independently and in close collaboration with your team members, contract managers as well as other colleagues within the organization. The job will offer you a wide contact net and a variety of challenging work tasks on a cross-functional basis. This position requires a high degree of accountability, professional motivation and drive, and the ability to develop relationships of trust and confidence both within and outside of Axis. The focus will be on advising in matters relating to Trade Compliance i.e., customs export and import, export control and sanctions, but also in other compliance areas. You will support different departments within the organization such as Operations, Information Systems / IT, R&D, Marketing, New Business and Sales. In addition, you will:
- Interpret, communicate, and apply adequate global trade regulations and translate them into appropriate risk management advice and related operational processes
- Conduct internal compliance investigations and risk assessments
- Manage, coordinate, and oversee the work of outside counsel, consultants, and other advisors to prepare deliverables within the Trade Compliance area and ensure concerns are addressed
- Represent Axis before third parties and government agencies in audits, investigations and other proceedings
- Be part of the creation and communication of internal awareness education
- Support global trade compliance integration activities associated with the acquisition of corporate entities and other business development initiatives
- Report to Global Legal Director at HQ in Lund
Who are you?
We believe you are a highly skilled, driven, analytical, structured, efficient, and business oriented Legal Counsel that love working with Trade Compliance questions. You can prioritize your work tasks and see the big pictures. As a person you are a self-starter who is motivated by working in a high-pace international organization where you can provide high-class service to our stakeholders. We value that you have integrity and respect for others, a sense of humor and that you enjoy being a team-player.
We'd love to hear that you have:
- A law degree (LL.M) from a Swedish University or equivalent
- At least 5 years' experience with global Trade and/or Customs Compliance, including classification, valuation, and origin
- Good knowledge of various global trade compliance legislation and experience of interpreting, communicating, and applying these regulations
- Experience in collaboration with industry associations, global trade practice area groups, and governments to keep abreast of regulatory developments, global trade trends, etc.
- Good knowledge of the IT-/tech business sector
- Ability to interact comfortably with executives and senior management; strong verbal and analytics skills; exceptional interpersonal skills; highly team-oriented;
- Great communications skills and fluency in Swedish and English, both verbally and in writing
What can Axis do for you?
In addition to all the exciting things I've described above, we can offer you an innovative and global organization that takes great pride in delivering world class, high quality products to our customers at a workplace where we truly care about our employees and their success. We are proud of our fantastic culture that is characterized by openness, curiosity, trust and honesty and that we always walk the talk.
Ready to act?
I hope this position has gotten you curios and I'm hoping to see your application. If you have any questions about Axis or this job, don't hesitate to contact Linda Hallencreutz, Global Legal Director at 046-272 2305 or Jenny Östergren, Senior Legal Counsel at 046-272 1216. We review applications continuously! Send us your application before December 1, 2021.