Are you interested in creating business value in manufacturing processes and engineering through a digital platform? Then you could be our next...
Lean Digital Process Engineer
You will be part of the Future Factory team within Manufacturing Process Development (MPD) tasked to transform and equip the SKF Group Manufacturing footprint with digital solutions, skills and knowledge to strengthen World Class Manufacturing for competitive advantage. By bridging digital and physical information into one digital platform, you will work with accelerating data reuse and accuracy for data driven efficiency improvement of production.
Your day-to-day work will be to
• Collaborate with a cross-functional team to identify project related Lean layout questions, key metrics, and actionable insights
• Drive standardization and the way of working within the Plant Simulation platform (e.g., Siemens Tecnomatix and Flexsim)
• Work with different factories and clusters within SKF Manufacturing to assess existing processes and propose layout improvement ideas to reduce logistic/manufacturing costs and improve manufacturing concepts
• Perform material flow analysis, layout design and planning for assembly, fabrication, machining, and other manufacturing shop floor layouts
• Lead, coordinate and/or participate in various manufacturing & industrial engineering projects (e.g., Discrete Event Simulation for future state scenarios) to calculate capacity, utilization, equipment & resource needs
We expect you to have
• Excellent level of knowledge about Lean, or a comparable Manufacturing/Business/Operation or Production System, both theoretical and practical
• 3+ years overall experience leading digital manufacturing development for production system modeling & simulation as well as material flow/logistics planning & simulation, and cost simulation. Strong understanding of mixed model production environments.
• Advanced skills to use Siemens Tecnomatix to build up factory layout and perform layout scenarios analysis
• Experience in PLM systems (advantageous if SIEMENS TeamCenter)
• Experience of working with manufacturing master data, statistical data analysis, operation research and material management
• Project management skills to assess task effort, manage priorities, and report status (advantageous if in international environment)
• Fluent in English both verbal and in writing, if you also know Spanish it is a merit
You will enjoy working here if
You have genuine enthusiasm and passion for technology and are not afraid to take lead under the disruption of the digital era. You are a resourceful problem solver with excellent communication skills, and you enjoy driving technology-based business transformation. In collaboration with others, you aim to successfully improve the way the organization conducts its business.
• Opportunity to drive the digital readiness and digital solutions in the fourth industrial revolution for the world's largest bearing manufacturer
• Work in an international environment
• Professional growth opportunities
• Diverse workforce
• Keeping you continuously challenged
Additional information for you
Location: The position holder would be based in any of the major manufacturing sites within Bearing Operations. Preferred locations are: Flowery Branch (USA), Monterrey (Mexico), Schweinfurt (GER), Gothenburg (SWE). The role will be on a local contract.
A major part of the work role will include traveling, thus a willingness to travel is a prerequisite for the position (minimum of 50% travel).
You will report to Vantuil Rodrigues dos Santos, Manager of SKF Production Systems, Bearing Operations.
For information and questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Danijel Sjogren, Recruitment Expert at SKF Group Recruitment Center, at [ Link removed ] .
Are you interested?
… and meet the above requirements, please submit your application with CV and cover letter (in English) no later than the 1st of September 2021. Please note that we will screen candidates continuously during the application period.
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in SEK is around 75 billion and the number of employees ca 41,000.