Are you an experienced Senior Security Engineer? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial setup in a global company? Are you passionate about digitalization? Then you could be our next....
Lead Security Engineer
SKF is implementing a product-oriented organization with empowered agile SecDevOps teams to shorten the Time to Benefit to our customers, suppliers, and employees. Security is the utmost important element in this product-oriented agile organization.
We are part of SKF IT, working in small, agile teams to develop new digital solutions to support SKF’s digitalization journey. Each agile team owns one or more Digital Products with full responsibility, defining the roadmap of the product and delivering value to our customers. The key measurement is customer success and security compliance.
We are now in the process of scaling our agile product teams and hope you will be our new colleague!
As Lead Security Engineer, you will be leading the Security Chapter across all agile teams, defining the security roadmap and engineering principles to prioritize the implementation of a secure software design and secure cloud service delivery. Upskilling the SecDevOps teams and keeping them continuously updated about vulnerability threats is also within the Lead Security Engineer’s responsibility. Furthermore, you will:
• Capture customer security needs and requirements
• Collaborate closely with the central IT Security team
• Collaborate with SecDevOps teams to coach and enable secure software design and delivery
• Design and implement a closed security loop in daily SecDevOps operations
• Ensure security engineering integration in the development cycle
• Provide level 3 support for security incidents to support SecDevOps teams in risk mitigation and related actions
• University degree in computer science or equivalent
• Extensive experience in information/cyber security at a senior level
• Extensive experience in security and software engineering at a senior level
• Skills within international cyber security standards (CIS, NIST, ISO27001, etc.)
• Experience in software development and deployment, in at least one programming language, such as Java or Python
• Experience of cyber security in the cloud AWS and/or MS Azure
• Very good communication skills in written and spoken English
You will enjoy working here if
You are driven and passionate about working in an agile organization at the forefront of modern cloud technologies in an international environment. You love delivering world-class services to internal and external customers in collaboration with your team members. You communicate effectively and never say no to new, complex challenges.
Location: One of SKF’s major EMEA sites, preferably in Gothenburg. Local contract.
You will report to Jens Greiner, Head of Digital Solutions, SKF IT, Germany.
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Danijel Sjögren, Recruitment Expert at SKF Group Recruitment Center, at [ Link removed ] .
Are you interested?
…and meet the above requirements, please submit your application with resume and cover letter in English no later than the 10th of October.
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in SEK is around 75 billion and the number of employees ca 41,000.