As Lead Mechanical Engineer at FlexLink, you will lead the Mechanical Design in customer projects in which material handling solutions and systems for industrial automation are delivered. You will:
This is you
- Maintain and develop customer relation through the project. This you mainly do by having the technical presentations and discussions (mainly mechanical) with the customers
- Be responsible for mechanical design and functionality, realized and delivered according to schedule and cost
- Have close collaboration with Controls Engineers to reach the needed functionality and performance
- Support and validate conceptual mechanical design in quotation, pre-study phase, including cost-estimations
- By yourself or together leading colleagues, realize new design and customize existing proven solutions in projects
- Work internal with different areas and divisions within FlexLink
- Be based at FlexLink’s headquarters in Gothenburg.
We believe that you have a higher education (Bachelor or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or Industry Automation (or equal). We also believe that you have:
- At least 5 years of experience of qualified mechanical design and realization of machines and robotic solutions for industry automation, conveyors, material handling solutions, packaging and similar custom-made devices and prototypes.
- Fluent English in both writing and speech
- Fluent with CAD tools (AutoCAD and Inventor or similar)
We see that you have a passion for mechanical design and innovations, as well as interests to understand the customers requirements, and to make clever solutions with a good understanding of automation; the motorization (electrical, pneumatic, robotics…) and the controls needed to make it run. You also have great communication skills and a service minded attitude.
This is the right opportunity and environment for you who has the ambition to extend and share your engineering skills and grow as an individual together with the team and take on further challenges and responsibilities!
FlexLink is an industry leader for automated production flow solutions. Working closely with global customers, we provide innovative, optimizing solutions to produce goods smarter, safer and at lower operating costs. Headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, FlexLink has operating units in 26 countries and is represented in more than 60. In 2020, FlexLink had about 1,000 employees and a turnover of 220 MEUR.
FlexLink is part of Coesia, a group of 21 companies specialized in highly innovative industrial and packaging solutions based in Bologna, Italy. The Group, whose sole Shareholder and President is Isabella Seràgnoli, is present in 35 countries with 84 production plants in 136 operating units and has over 8,000 employees.
Join the team! We are looking forward to receiving your application through our job portal.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Jenny Smith at [ Link removed ]
External agencies are kindly requested not to contact the company regarding this position.