Are you a passionate Network & Telecom Manager with hands-on skills and an ability to combine business acumen with technical skills to deliver an optimized and modern Network? Do you want to be part of an international outdoor company, with a strong focus on building a world-class customer journey and digital experience? Then this could be the next trek of your career.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In today’s digital world, technology has become an intrinsic element in all aspects and levels of life and business. Our consumers, customers and internal users utilize technology to access and engage with products and brands in an increasing number of ways. As a Network & Telecom Manager you will help us shape our team and drive the company to the next level.
The right candidate will be a quantitative reporting enthusiast and have an analytically mindset, while also and equally possessing a deep, strategic curiosity around business performance.
This full-time position can be based from our Solna office in Stockholm or our Örnsköldsvik office and will report to the Head of Infrastructure.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In more detail you will focus on the following:
- Develop our DevOps culture and principles in the network engineering and operations area.
- Create a best practice network security concept to all our network solutions. covering Retail stores, warehouses, offices, Data center and Cloud Data center
- Be responsible for defining a product strategy and align it with Digital Tech and Business strategy.
- Own the architecture and shape the roadmap for the Network and Telecom area covering all parts of the products e.g., WAN, WLAN, LAN, VoIP, Dot1x, SD-WAN, SASE.
- Prioritizes and maintains the backlog for assigned products and incorporate feature requests into product roadmap.
- Provide clear and concise Network Architectures using native Cloud, on-prem DC, third party network and security appliances.
- Recommend and drive implementation of system enhancements that will improve the performance of our enterprise networks for reliability.
- Own and manage budget segment Network & Telecom.
- Own and manage relationships with vendors/Partners.
- Work towards getting the Network and Telecom area into a modern and self-serviced architecture.
- Interact and work with internal- and vendor teams on different projects.
- Enable a global standardized end to end network architecture.
- Evaluate new network technology solutions, working in partnership with an external network team and engaging internal resources and third-party vendors.
WHO YOU ARE
We think you could be a great match for the position if you possess the following experiences:
- Demonstrated success as a leader working with Network solutions for the last three years.
- You have minimum three years of hands-on network engineering skills and an ability to combine business acumen with technical skills to deliver optimized Network & Telecom solutions.
- If there was a black belt in project management and working agile, you’d have it.
On the technical side we want you to possess the following:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with advanced Network Architecture
- Advanced knowledge of Network protocols and products e.g. TCP/IP, 802.1x, Load Balancing, IP Transport architectures
- Advanced knowledge in Network Security, including Firewall, proxy, IPS, DDOS Protection, SASE
- Strong technical skills in API design, security and high availability
- Experience in designing and building Network solutions that include high availability, multi-region and multi-set architectures
- Experience designing and building enterprise-wide Network Architecture for On-premises and hybrid deployments
- Familiarity with majority of the big network vendors and their products (Aruba, Cisco, Extreme Networks)
- Familiarity with monitoring tools (Splunk)
- Basic understanding infrastructure as code
In terms of character:
- You tackle business problems with creative solutions from fact-based findings; you don’t shy away from the opportunity to weigh-in on critical business decisions.
- As a forward thinker, you stay informed about the latest, greatest, and up-and-coming tools and trends.
- You possess strong analytic, problem solving and communication skills
- Enthusiastic team player: you possess the ability to work with people from all backgrounds and walks of life.
- You adapt to and embrace change and can juggle priorities efficiently.
ABOUT US AND OUR OFFER
Fenix Outdoor is an international group of premium outdoor brands and retail chains. We are a global player in developing and selling clothing and equipment for an active outdoor life.
Even if the mission and vision for each of our brands and businesses may differ slightly; we are all unified in our love for nature. We are all ignited by an unwavering will to inspire and enable the world to experience nature's beauty and changing elements.
Working for Fenix Outdoor means being part of an international, fast-growing company. As an employee for Fenix you are offered:
- Benefits according to the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Additional heath benefit as well as initiatives related to improved physical and mental wellbeing
- Possibility to take part in our outdoor events
- An international work environment where initiatives are cherished.
- Marvelous colleagues that share a passion for the outdoors and sustainability.
- Sustainability is deeply integrated into our long-term business development and operations. The welfare of our planet and the people who live here are at the heart of our business. Just as trekking together is a demonstration of unity, trust and competence, so is working together.
JOIN THE TREK
Please apply through our career page in English. We review applications on a continuous basis and sometimes our posts close early due to so many all-star applicants- so apply right now!
Fenix Outdoor celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.