As Junior system administrator you will be part of an IT team currently consisting of three persons, where you will be involved in all day-to-day system administration tasks.
* User support
* Installations and updates
* High performance computing cluster administration
* Administration of virtual machines and virtual servers
In the longer-term perspective the position will also include tasks such as being involved in IT strategic initiatives.
* Have a post-secondary education from e.g. university in computer science or similar
* Have good knowledge in Linux
* Have experience in writings scripts in Bash
* Are fluent or have good skills in English
It will be considered an additional qualification if you:
* Have experience in Git as well as programming in R or Python
* Have knowledge in Windows or macOS
As a person you are accurate and feel comfortable taking responsibility for your job assignments. In addition, you have the ability to structuralize your work days, while also being flexible enough to step in and prioritize more urgent tasks if needed. Also, you are organized and can work focused with your assignments.
* Start: May 2019
* Work extent: Fulltime
* Location: Uppsala Science Park or Kista Science Tower
This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. The request from Pharmetheus is that all questions regarding the position is handled by Academic Work
Apply by pressing the Apply here button below. Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase. We do not handle applications through e-mail, but if you have questions about the position you are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will answer during office hours. Please write the advert title in the subject and paste the advert link in the mail. For general considerations about your applications/our recruitment process, we are often available in our chat function on our web during weekdays. Feel free to contact us there!
Academic Work is Home of the young professionals. This means that most of our jobs are relevant for you who are studying at university or has completed your studies and are in the beginning of your career. You can work as a consultant on a specific assignment, be recruited directly by one of our clients through our recruitment service or start you career by working internally at any of our Academic Work offices. Find more information on our website www.academicwork.se.
* We strive to be an attractive employer to our consultants. In addition to collective agreement and a dedicated consultant manager, we offer you as a full time consultant a consultant portal, giving you access to several benefits. Read more here.