ValueOne is recruiting a Senior Strategic Purchaser for our customer Fuchs Lubricants in Stockholm. Are you an experienced self-driven strategic purchaser experienced in category management in an international organization? Then we can offer you a challenging position within purchasing of chemicals at the world’s largest independent supplier of lubricants.
FUCHS, a global group with roots in Germany, has been developing, manufacturing and selling lubricants and related specialty products for over 85 years – for the vast majority of applications and industries. With 60 companies and almost 6,000 employees worldwide, the FUCHS Group is the world's largest independent supplier of lubricants. As a manufacturer of lubricants, FUCHS stands for performance, durability, safety and reliability as well as for efficiency and cost savings. FUCHS's commitment is to deliver technology that pays off. Our Nordic factory and laboratory are located in Västerhaninge.The role
As Senior Strategic Purchaser you will be responsible for purchasing of esters, oils and chemicals. You will manage RFQ, supplier selections, negotiations and finalize agreements according to formally established procurement process. You are also responsible to keep all local master data accurate on suppliers, material and contracts. In addition, your responsibility covers support, implementation and follow up / improvement of the procurement process for your specific procurement area.
The position includes some travel. Remote work is possible to some extent.
- Provide input on internal business partner and regional markets needs. Analyze and optimize current supplier portfolio.
- Support Category Manager in strategy development.
- Implement assigned actions and report progress to category manager.
- Prepare and execute RfQ in alignment with Category Manager.
- Evaluate incoming offers.
- Manage contracts, propose and agree on appropriate actions, manage supply issues and force majeure situations.
- Manage non-conformance situations.
- Be first escalation point for non-conformance management and supply issues from local affiliates.
- Execute supplier management and evaluate supplier performance.
- Execute risk management approach.
- Manage forecasting for respective portfolio.
- Define and drive improvement projects.
- Report results / performance in procurement contribution table.
- Handle sample requests from stakeholders and follow up approval process.
The ideal candidate for this position has a minimum of five years’ experience from strategic purchasing in international business and at least two years category based purchasing experience, preferably from an international matrix organization. Experience from procurement of esters, oils and chemicals are meritorious but not a requirement. The role also demands excellent negotiation skills in in complex settings as well as proven skills in developing supplier relationships.
A university degree in business/engineering or equivalent education is preferred.
Excellent communication skills are essential for success as well as experience in giving presentations for stakeholders. We expect you to be fluent in English, orally and in writing. Furthermore, good computer skills in Microsoft 365 and basic knowledge of generic procurement tools is required.
To be successful in the role as Senior Strategic Purchaser personal characteristics such as integrity, strategic thinking and well developed analytical skills are essential. Additionally you are a team player with a collaborative approach who acts proactively and take initiatives. Leadership experience is meritorious.Application
We look forward to receiving your application. Please apply through our webpage at: [ Link removed ] as soon as possible. Feel free to contact Olof Widmark at +46 70-7868 099 or 010 332 29 20 with any questions regarding the listed position. Please note that to apply for this position you need to be an EU citizen or have a valid Swedish working permit.
ValueOne are specialists in supply chain management, purchasing and logistics. We offer our customers services in three business areas: interim logistics and procurement consultants, recruitment of buyers and logisticians, as well as development of our customers’ supply chain operations in terms of strategies, models, methods, processes, structure, and competence.
Job ID: valueone2173