Are you an experienced accountant that wants to work for a leading company within the payment industry? Then this might be something for you.
Trustly is an international leading company within the fin-tech industry that makes payments easier for vendors and consumers. Through their platform for digital payments, they are paving the ground for a world with safe payments without debit/credit cards, sign up or apps. With a strong growth and a praised work culture, Trustly has become one of the most attractive workplaces in Stockholm. Due to parental leave they need an Accountant to assist the International accounting team consisting of 5 people from August and one year ahead.
As Accountant at Trustly your work tasks include:
- General bookkeeping in local GAAP
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Manage accounts payable, such as processing and payment of vendor bills, identifying and creating new vendors according to policy and allocating vendor bills with correct details according to organizational structure.
- Payroll payments
- Manage and reconcile fixed assets, including depreciations
- Manage and review expenses
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances per legal entity
- Prepare and bookkeep amortization schedules (prepayments)
- Perform monthly, quarterly and yearly closings in cooperation with the Accounting Manager and Group Accounting Manager
- Balance- and profit sheet reconciliations together with the Accounting Manager on a monthly basis
- Manage intangible assets (development expenditure), including capitalizing immaterial assets
- Create and process intra-group invoices within the Group
- Communicate with local consultants and auditors regarding annual reports
- Communicate with local consultants regarding VAT payments and CIT prepayments
- Other ad-hoc tasks, such as assisting the organization with different accounting-related questions
- Work towards non-Nordic European countries, Canada, Australia and Brazil
The Accountant performs the same tasks at a daily basis as the Accounting Assistant but has a greater responsibility in making sure the tasks are performed with a high degree of quality and in a timely manner. The accountant also has a coaching role towards the Assistants, together with the manager, in supporting the assistants in their day to day tasks.
To be successful in the roll you need:
- 3-5 years of experience within accounting
- Preferably experience from an accounting firm
- All-round and broad experience
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical thinking
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Stress resistant
- Act as a role model for the rest of the team
If you are interested in growing as an accountant within a great company with high pace, send your application to Dennis at Michael Page. The job is expected to start in August and lasts for a year.