At Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what's good – protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet. By doing so we touch millions of people's lives every day. And we need people like you to make it happen.
We are looking for a Data Scientist, who will belong to the Tetra Pak´s Decision Science Team. You will participate in various projects, influence business decisions, and drive digital transformation at one of the largest consumer packaging companies in the world.
This position will be placed in Lund, Sweden.
What you will do
- Participate in data science projects, be hands-on and build statistical models and determine optimal modeling approach for each business scenario
- Oversee junior data scientists
- Development, test, implement and deployment of data science solutions to solve various business issues.
- Work closely with Sr. Data Scientists, and Data Scientist Managers, Business stakeholders and subject matter experts to review expected outputs and applicability to business challenge.
- Identify and take part in operationalization of valuable insights from the data into business and digital applications.
- Partner with internal/external stakeholders, product owners and team members and drive product development plans
- Drive methodological innovations into data science and digital products in the different functional areas such as services, product development, supply chain, operations optimization, and similar domains
We believe you have
In this role as Data Scientist, you need to have with a good balance in these three different profiles:
- Strong coding skills in Python. Ability to write efficient code for deployment.
- Experience developing deployment ready code with focus on robustness and efficient deployment.
- Experience with R, C, Java or functional programming are meriting.
- Experience building optimization automation for food processing industry.
- Experience in neural network techniques for time series and image analysis and natural language processing are meriting.
Statistics & Mathematics: Knowledge of quantitative methods is important. From statistical inference to predictive and prescriptive modelling together with optimization skills. You have a strong algorithmic thinking and independent research ability.
- Proven skills in multi-objective optimization applied to operations.
- Experience with evolutionary computing for optimization.
- Experience with fuzzy logic for modelling of uncertainty.
- Analyse data with statistical rigor. Ensure accurate interpretation by combining business acumen with detailed data knowledge and statistical expertise. Ability for summarizing and explaining results focusing on the important information.
- Build statistical models to uncover insights or effect changes and provides solutions to business problems.
- Knowledge about common statistical models and machine learning models, i.e. understands what is going on “underneath the hood
Functional: Good understanding of operational processes, KPI’s and decision supporting systems. Mainly in areas like production, quality, maintenance, logistics and after-sales process (warranty). Complementary revenue management for pricing and marketing (customer insights).
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement, and communicate these findings.
- Drive efforts to enable independent interpretation of results through education, improved tools, and data visualization.
We Offer You
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- A culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our industry experts drive visible results
- An equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements
If you are inspired to be part of our promise to protect what’s good; for food, people, and the planet, apply through our careers page at [ Link removed ] .
This job posting expires on 2023-02-05
To know more about the position contact Pedro Corral at +46 46 36 1247
Questions about your application contact Susanne Stålring at +46 46 36 3919
For trade union information contact Sveriges Ingenjörer Lars Haraldsson at +46 46 36 2533 and Unionen Lisbeth Larsson at +46 46 36 2320