0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
Junior Data Scientist to Volvo Group Digital and IT!
Framtiden Göteborg, Västra Götalands län Heltid
Are you interested in working with Data Science from an end-to-end perspective with focus on sustainability, measurable impact, and faster time-to-market?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At Volvo Group Digital & IT, they have a clear ambition to enable value creation at scale for the Volvo Group. With a new product centric operating model and digital technologies, they will produce digital offerings that are profitable, scalable, and differentiated. With Volvo Group Digital & IT, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals, who learn continuously and embrace change to stay ahead. They have a very important role to play in reaching the Volvo Group ambitions for 2030. Do you want to be part of our transformation journey towards becoming the digital capability of the Group? The time is now.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
In your role as Data Scientist, you will:
• Be part of a diverse, international, and knowledgeable team with great colleagues.
• Be driven by a customer value mindset and conduct data science practices with an end-to-end perspective: business understanding, iterative exploration, agile development, operationalization, monitoring, and continuous improvement.
• Contribute to fostering and nurturing a data-driven mindset with focus on advanced analytics and data science in interactions with colleagues across the globe at the Volvo Group.
• Apply your knowledge in data science to a wide variety of deliveries across the Volvo Group: Volvo Trucks, Renault Truck, Mack Trucks, Volvo Buses, Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Energy, Volvo Autonomous Solutions, Volvo Penta, Volvo Financial Services, etc.
• Work with aspects of data science such as statistics (i.e., theory and methods), computational techniques (e.g., distributed computing), and fluency in programming languages (e.g., Python, R, Spark, Scala, Julia).
- Degree in computer technology etc
- Fluent in English
- Relevant work experience
- Fluent in Swedish
WHO YOU ARE
You have a genuine interest in materializing the potential of data and AI through a composition of talent and knowledge, as well as lock-step collaboration with other experts within its home department: the ‘Data’ function at VG D&IT. You will be working closely with data engineers, data architects and data analysts. You are a good team player and generally a nice person. Curious and open minded. You like to work in teama and can drive things to completion. You are proactive and willing to take ownership of your work tasks.
You work in a professional way with focus on quality. Self-directed - can work with little guidance but recognize when guidance is needed.
The Talent Program with Volvo Group Digital & IT aims to give you, a recent graduate, a good start in your career. The program will last for one year, where you will have the opportunity to combine exciting projects with education so that you can grow as a person and develop your technical skills. You will attend the program together with people from other locations and thus be able to build a network internally. The program is therefore designed to give you both skill development and a community with others who are in the same phase.
You will be given the opportunity to develop both your hard skills (e.g., technical knowledge) and soft skills (e.g., self-leadership). The program will also include joint activities and digital coffee breaks with the other participants as well as an opportunity to exchange experiences with senior colleagues within the company.
As an employee at Framtiden AB, you can feel safe. All of our services are covered by union agreements, which give you contractual terms regarding vacation, salary, pension, sick leave, etc.
As an employee at Framtiden, you always get a consultant manager who is available to you throughout the entire employment period. The consultant manager’s task is to help you develop in your professional role and to ensure that you enjoy your workplace.
Framtiden works with both staffing and recruitment, we want to make a difference in people's lives. We make a difference by helping people find the right job and the right colleague. We are specialists in recruiting the right talent for the right company. Framtiden can be found in seven locations in Sweden and in Oslo.
For this position, you will initially be hired as a consultant through Framtiden AB.
Startdatum: September 2023
Degree in computer technology etc Fluent in English
Job ID: 35955000143359342