Heavy-Duty Diesel Application Engineer
We can offer you a position with a successful company where you get the opportunity to be part of developing sustainable technologies for the future. We have two ways in which we will achieve this; one is by investing in our employees to ensure we have the best talent on the market, the other is by investing in our products to allow us to differentiate ourselves from our competitors. As an HDD Application Engineer, we offer you the possibility to develop your own customer responsibility and lead to development projects.
The Heavy-Duty Diesel team consists of dynamic and experienced colleagues in Sweden, UK, and Germany. As an HDD Application Engineer you will provide application engineering services in the exhaust aftertreatment for commercial vehicles, mainly for European customers and supporting internal development programs. The application team is responsible for the system integration of the components of the aftertreatment system and is the key technical contact with the customer. Advanced catalysts and particulate filters are needed for meeting the new upcoming emission legislation (Euro VII), and you will be working together also with the catalyst developer teams.
- Support customer teams in developing and evaluating test programs for engine bench and laboratory scale (SCAT)
- Support testing for catalyst development and internal Application Engineering projects
- Administer external testing and scheduling of test resources
Background and skills
- A background within applied catalysis or emission control technology, preferably a master's degree or higher combined with relevant industrial experience
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of MATLAB
- Strong analytical skills with ability to rapidly form conclusions from complex information
- Good communication, presentation, and organization skills
- Strong customer focus and a practical and business-oriented mindset
- Strong record of building relationships based on trust and collaboration with external parties as well as internal colleagues
- Fluent in English
With these skills we believe that you will contribute to a winning atmosphere and a team with strong ambitions. You perform your work with integrity and handle change efficiently as well as contribute to new ideas. You are good at collaborating with customers to establish relationships and enjoy working in an international environment.
You share JM’s core value of Protecting the People and the Planet, which includes promoting wellbeing for people both inside and outside of work.
Contact and application
In this process we are working with recruitment consultant Mattias Lyckberg, [ Link removed ] , at Intenso Teknikrekrytering.
For union questions, or questions relating to collective agreements, you are welcome to contact Björn Magnusson [ Link removed ] or Karl Arnby [ Link removed ] who are local union representatives for the Union and Swedish Engineers.
Please send your application through the application button. Selection is carried out on an ongoing basis. We prefer if you apply as soon as possible!
We welcome your application!
About Johnson Matthey AB
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specializing in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals, and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 13,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier with more than 93% of the group's sales derived from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health.