ValueOne is recruiting a Head of Supply Chain to our customer Nynas in Stockholm. Are you a driven supply chain professional with natural leadership qualities and a make it happen attitude? Are you passionate about taking operations to the next level and have experience from driving change in a fast moving environment? Then Nynas can offer you a management position with good opportunities for growth and professional development.
Nynas is a different kind of oil company – we want to use oil, not burn it.
With around 1000 employees, production facilities in Europe and offices in over 30 countries, Nynas is dedicated to researching, producing and supplying specialty naphthenic oils and bitumen for a growing global market.
Together with our customers, we have the know-how to find new applications and meet new challenges that can help shape society.
We take oil further to bring value to customers and the world we live in.
Nynas is a global company with a strong position in niche markets. The specialisation in naphthenic specialty products (NSP) and bitumen sets Nynas apart from most other oil companies, who offer oil as a source of energy. With 90 years in the market, Nynas is a leading international oil company in several specialist segments. The focus on products with a long service life, in many cases up to 40-50 years, distinguishes the business from traditional oil companies whose focus is on fuels.
Working at Nynas means working according to our three core values: Dedication, Cooperation and Proactivity.
Read more [ Link removed ] The role
The key responsibility as Head of Supply chain EMEA is to lead the team handling the distribution and the continuous development of the Naphthenics Supply Chain in EMEA. Currently the EMEA logistical footprint involves eight different tank terminals within the region. The role involves management of Nynas European hub in Antwerp, Belgium as well as several subcontractors and has four direct reports, three Supply Chain Planners based in Stockholm and a Customs & Excise Advisor based in Belgium.
Main contacts in this role are the Naphthenics sales force, manufacturing, technical and marketing, product quality chain, finance, external depot providers, independent inspectors, and service-product suppliers. The job includes negotiations with Nynas counterparties.
The role reports to the Naphthenics Supply Chain Manager.
Experience and competence
- Ensure optimal and cost-efficient product flows within the EMEA region, in full compliance with Nynas high safety standards.
- Drive the operations and the development of Supply chain in the EMEA region, regularly reviewing the logistical set up to optimise cost to serve.
- Identify and implement continuous improvements in the way of working, leveraging digitalisation, to increase service level and profitability.
- Coordination with both Nynäshamn and Harburg refinery to ensure production is in line with sales forecast.
- Operationally, commercially and budget responsible for Nynas European hub.
- Base oils, additive purchases, and other commodity goods within the region in cooperation with the Global Supply Chain Manager and the Customs & Excise Advisor.
- Follow up and optimisation of logistical costs being responsible for the depot and shipping cost budget, ensuring costs stay within the agreed budget.
- Fixed cost budget for the EMEA team.
- Drive collaboration with different stakeholders to ensure optimal and efficient operations are executed.
- Lead, motivate, coach, and develop the EMEA team, ensuring optimum knowledge management and knowledge transfer within the team.
We are looking for you who has a Master´s degree in the field of Logistics, Economics, Engineering, or equivalent business experience. At least five years of experience in Supply Chain and logistics is a prerequisite for the role together with a minimum three years of experience in a management position.
The role requires good understanding of supply chain and commercial conditions along with excellent negotiation skills. The person we are looking for must also have a strong operational background. Purchasing experience of goods and/or services is seen as a plus. Fluency in English, oral and written, is a must as this is the corporate language. Swedish, oral, and written, is desirable but not mandatory. The same applies to experience from the process/chemical industry and/or Manufacturing.
We are looking for a resourceful, self-going and result-oriented person with decision making ability. Since you will be working in a fast-paced environment the role requires stress resistance and willingness to adapt to changing circumstances but also the ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time. Strong leadership skills together with excellent communication and social skills are a prerequisite for the role, and you need to have a strong executive presence and the ability to energize and motivate your co-workers. Furthermore, you need to possess good analytical and problem-solving skills and a strong collaboration mindset.Application
We look forward to receiving your application. Please apply through our webpage at: [ Link removed ] as soon as possible. Feel free to contact Olof Widmark at +46 70-7868 099 with any questions regarding the listed position.
ValueOne are specialists in supply chain management, purchasing and logistics. We offer our customers services in three business areas: interim logistics and procurement consultants, recruitment of buyers and logisticians, as well as development of our customers’ supply chain operations in terms of strategies, models, methods, processes, structure, and competence.