Head of social media at SKF Group
There’s a lot we all take for granted. We’re counting on trams, trains, and buses to take us through our cities safely and effectively. We trust water treatment facilities to supply us with fresh water, and the food industry to safeguard us from allergens and bacteria. We expect wind farms to keep our lights on, and cars to be electric. There are a million other every day needs to satisfy – and a planet to take care of.
This is exactly where we at SKF want to be. Right at the centre of it all, enabling reliable and sustainable motion.
This is also where you come in. Because in this world shaped by automation, digitalization, electrification and general environmental concerns, we must communicate actively, accurately, and relevantly – with customers, suppliers, distributors, investors, current and future colleagues.
Social media is one of our most important tools for communication, and now we’re looking for someone to take the reins.
Here are a few things we can offer, to give you some idea of what the job is about:
• Full ownership of our social media strategy
• A network of dedicated communicators across the world who need support with translation and implementation of the Group’s social media strategy for local markets
• A challenging and rewarding professional climate, where specialists in communication, PR, media relations, marketing, events, sales – even application engineering – all work together to grow our business
• A truly global environment
Your job, in a nutshell, is to support the company’s growth ambitions. More specifically, it means ensuring that social media is effectively integrated into marketing and paid media efforts. It also entails leveraging any earned or owned media opportunities.
You’ll be managing a tight team of social media business partners, advising and creating content with a role split on organic and payed content/corporate and marketing. Together with the team, you’ll be responsible for the social media strategy and for publishing content on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. You’ll also be driving an active social media community, where you’ll be sharing new insights continuously.
This is what we need from you, in terms of qualifications:
• University studies in Communications or Marketing
• Documented track record of developing and delivering global social media strategies at a big, international company, either in-house or with external suppliers
• High proficiency in spoken and written English
• A collaborative, truly international mindset along with the ability to interact at all levels of the business, with presence and strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience of managing agencies, budgets and delivering projects on time
Once onboard, your home will be the Corporate Communications team. Our mission is to help grow the business by delivering consistent and engaging communication that strengthens the brand as well as the company culture. We drive communications initiatives that engage and impact both internal and external stakeholders. Now we would like to welcome a new member, you.
Additional information for you
The position is in Gothenburg, Sweden.
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Patrik Schultzén, Recruitment Expert EMEA at
+46 31 337 1270
or [ Email address blocked ] .
Unionen – Jonny Hilbert
+46 31 3372155
Akademikerföreningen - Anders Kempe
+46 31 3373395
Ledarna – Angelica Lindström
+46 31 3371842
Are you interested?
…and meet the above requirements, please submit your application with CV no later than the 26th of September 2021.
Selected candidates will receive assessment links (MAP and Matrigma) feedback on these assessments immediately after completion. Proceeded candidates will be contacted for interviews.
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in SEK is around 75 billion and the number of employees ca 41,000.