The importance of IP for the Volvo Group is growing with increasing technology complexity in areas as vehicle automation, electromobility and connectivity. This results in higher IP intensity on the market, and convergence between industries. Do you want to join us and be a part of the journey?
In the Volvo Group IP department we have three highly specialized and competent teams; IP Legal, Trademarks & Designs, Patents and IP Strategy & Portfolio, with IP responsibility for the complete Volvo Group. We are now looking for a
Group Director IP Legal, Trademarks & Designs
You will lead the team that is responsible for all kinds of IP enforcement and defense matters, IP legal advice and trademark and design filing and prosecution. Further you will be part of the Volvo Group IP management team and report to the Vice President Volvo Group IP. Main activities and responsibilities
Critical competencies and skills
- Drive the IP defence/enforcement activities
- Drive the trademarks’ and designs’ activities
- Proactively assess and drive continuous improvements of the team’s responsibility areas and scope
- Manage and provide legal advice, relating to IP in general, to the daily business operations, including from time to time participating in contract negotiations and larger projects with IP impact
- Actively participate in the Volvo Group IP management team to drive the mission and target image of the Volvo Group IP department
- Promote and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, as well as internal IP policies, guidelines and directives and securing relevant updates
- Participate in and support the development, updates and fulfillment of the Volvo Group IP Plan
- Manage and follow up on budget for the team
- Manage outside providers of legal services related to the team activities
As Group Director IP Legal, Trademarks & Designs, you shall have a Master of law. You shall have in-depth knowledge of various IP legislation and solid experience of handling all kinds of IP issues, such as IP related agreements, as well as IP enforcement and defense matters. Also, substantial knowledge about handling trademark and design filings and prosecution is important. In addition, solid experience from leading or having extensive own responsibilities in IP operations, as an in-house counsel or at a law firm, and management skills are needed.
Furthermore, it is important that you have the ability to build effective teams and be customer focused. Also, you should be able to instill trust to different parts of an organization, including top management, and be out-come focused with the ability to navigate in both formal channels and informal networks in organizations. A co-operative mindset, good ability to quickly assess new situations, sound judgment, genuine business interest and communication skills are also important pre-requisites for this position. We offer a global working environment with dedicated and professional colleagues and good development opportunities.
To conclude we are looking for a positive, dynamic person with not only a passion for IP issues but also for developing people. For further information please contact
Susann Vahlenbreder Hecht, VP Volvo Group IP, Group Trucks Technology, +46 323 69 99
Function HR, Agneta Haglund +46 31 322 17 32