Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 2000 strong, spread across 7 offices with 1100 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in.
We offer numerous challenges where your skills will be put to good use! We encourage innovation, independence and celebrate success where you will be part of multi-cultural and diverse company, with people from all over the world.
Betsson is looking for an addition to their Global Tax Team. We are eager to find an ambitious and proactive Global Direct Tax Manager with experience and knowledge within international direct tax. This role lets you work with questions spanning the full width of international direct taxation, ranging from tax optimization, M&A, permanent establishment evaluation, group level tax strategies etc. Betssons tax function is an integral part of the running business model, where central group Tax is responsible for coordinating and driving group wide initiatives. Focus lies on developing state of the art praxis rather than governance of day-to-day tax compliance.
We believe that you have a degree in law and a minimum of 10 years of experience from international tax, preferably as in-house or alternatively as a consultant. You should be able to both see the big picture and be able to convert that into hands-on action to help steer the tax position of the group. The sector is in a constant state of flux and requires both a willingness to test new ideas as well as curious mindset.
You will be stationed at the head office in Stockholm, reporting to the VP Global Tax. The role will require some travelling, sometimes with short notice.
- Analyse impact of new and evolving tax law in various jurisdictions and suggest how we can adapt.
- Advice on and set up tax related processes to ensure high level compliance and monitoring.
- Support the operational business in the subsidiaries with best practice operational direct tax advice.
- Do comparative jurisdictional analysis on tax treatment within various tax areas to map out the big picture.
- Drive PE analysis projects to understand and suggest optimized structures.
- M&A due diligence in-house support to optimize both transactions as well as processes.
- In-house reorganization project support to ensure full 360 degrees tax visibility of the proposed changes.
- Contract reviews to ensure compliance and understanding of financial impact.
- Support in various ad hoc projects within the realm of the Global Tax Team.