Are you skilled in driving change? Are you a person with high business focus and IT knowledge? Would you like to work in one of the most global Swedish companies that invests heavily in digitalization?
Then you could be our next
Global Category Manager – IT software licenses and subscriptions
SKF IT Sourcing- and purchasing is now looking for a Global Category Manager with competencies and experience either from strategic sourcing, strategic sales or business development within the area of IT
software licenses- and subscriptions.
• IT Software licenses- and subscription
• Sourcing- and purchasing one-time project related IT licenses or any additional upfront one-time charged services related to software as a service subscriptions. e.g. perpetual licenses allowing to install and use license indefinitely, network individual/multi-user licensing, OEM (original equipment manufactured) related end user licenses distributed with PC or Notebook, multi-user licenses, database licenses, infrastructure operations related licenses, COTS (commercial off the shelf) licenses etc
• Sourcing and purchasing recurring IT license related maintenance- and support services
• SaaS (Software as a Service) subscriptions sourced and bought as
recurring subscription- and subscription related maintenance- and technical support fees allowing the user to use cloud software as a service for a specified time period.
Your day-to-day work
• You will develop, communicate- and implement category strategies within your area of responsibility with the aim to optimize IT solutions and total cost of ownership for SKF
• You will lead teams in sourcing projects, capture requirements, evaluate suppliers and supplier markets, negotiate agreements and implement new vendors & solutions.
• You will handle the supplier relations globally with your suppliers and follow up the supplier’s performance.
• You will meet internal stakeholders from SKF IT and many other business functions within SKF to understand their requirements and help them document them as input for sourcing- and renegotiations and manage the commercial supplier relations.
• You will meet your colleagues from IT purchasing every day and exchange ideas & issues.
• Every day you will be part of developing- and supporting the SKF digitalization journey.
We expect you to
Have a University degree in Business or related field or equivalent working experience. You have experience in IT service integration and management in a multi-vendor environment, IT strategic sourcing experience in a multi-national corporate environment or have experience in selling, developing and delivering the IT category in scope in such an environment. You would also need to have experience in developing and negotiating complex IT contracts and have excellent financial and analytical skills.
Additionally, you have great experience and skills in project management, high communication skills in English and the ability to interact with stakeholders on different levels of an organization. Skills in SAP, Ariba sourcing and Ariba purchasing system together with software asset management- and compliance competence are meritorious.
You will enjoy working here if you
• Are business focused and are driven by value and efficiency
• Can create sound relations with suppliers based on mutual respect
• Are a self-driven person who likes speed and likes to drive change
• Like to work with people from different cultures and different working roles
• A job in an international environment
• A job that is important for SKF and recognized by management
• Supportive colleagues and global teamwork together with purchasing professionals
•You to be part of a diverse workforce where you get to face exciting challenges and varied tasks
Some additional information for you
Location: Preferably at SKF’s headquarter in Gothenburg, but Schweinfurt, Airaisca, St Cyr or Landsdale could also be considered.
For questions regarding the recruitment process please contact Thea Stenfeldt at GRC, Group Recruitment Center, [ Link removed ]
SKF was created 1907 when Sven Wingqvist invented the self-aligning ball bearing. SKF has grown since then by innovations and we are today over 48 000 employees with 140 factories in 32 countries. The growth has been driven by innovations giving our customers added value. Today SKF focuses on digitalization towards our customers but also internally and within our own factories.
Purchasing within SKF was centralized during 2013/14. We created one team of 450 buyers, serving all factories and units globally. We have created good relations with our internal stakeholders, rolled out standardized purchasing processes, performed global and regional sourcing projects and delivered value to SKF. IT purchasing was not included at that time but has during 2017 and 2018 been moved in to the central purchasing organization.
Unionen – Jonny Hilbert
+46 31 3372155
Akademikerföreningen - Anders Kempe
+46 31 3373395
Ledarna – Angelica Lindström
+46 31 3371842
Are you interested?
…and meet the above requirements, please submit your application with CV in English no later than 1st of August.
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in SEK is around 75 billion and the number of employees ca 41,000.