At Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what's good – protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet. By doing so we touch millions of people's lives every day. And we need people like you to make it happen.
Are you looking for an exciting position where you can leverage your expertise in food product development and industrialization to drive innovation led growth for the business? This is a job opportunity where you can make a difference for our customers and our company by employing your experience, competence, and creativity!
Business Stream Plant based and Prepared Foods, within Business Sector Liquid Food Solutions in Tetra Pak is looking for a new colleague taking on a dual role as a Food Technology Specialist and Technical Line Solution Manager (FTS & TLSM Plant Based). This role will operate in the team whose role is to bring optimal innovative customized processing solutions to the continuously growing global plant based food and beverage market.
As FTS & TLSM Plant Based you will be responsible for two key aspects of our competence:
1. New food product formulation / technology development for the exciting new area of plant based beverages and related applications. This will be based on an understanding of emerging consumer and market trends and will therefore allow us and our customers to stay ahead of the curve. Expert level understanding of food technology and application development will be required to fulfil this aspect of the job.
2. Apply Processing and Engineering knowhow to convert a new product prototype from a lab scale to an industrial scale. Good understanding of Process Engineering tools (mass, energy balances, process flow diagrams, P&ID etc), manufacturing operations, interaction between food ingredients and process equipment will be critical to achieve this aspect of the job.
It is an exciting position operating in an international environment with the ability to significantly influence the global business outcome for this category.
The role offers autonomy to lead specific product / technology / application development and deploy it for commercial opportunities in collaboration with Sales and Projects team, in an expanding business area and an opportunity to build a wide global network.
This is a permanent position, and you will be based in Lund, Sweden. You can expect to travel up to 25-35% of your working time.
What you will do
As Food Technology Specialist / Technical Line Solution Manager – Plant based, you will:
⦁ Take ownership and drive technology and product development for plant based liquid food applications
⦁ Develop and share cutting edge food technology competence based on market trends
⦁ Provide inputs to strategic technical development roadmap for growth of the category
⦁ Develop global best practice line (manufacturing) solutions for specific applications for commercial manufacturing for these applications
⦁ Develop deep understanding of our portfolio of equipment and ensure the most relevant portfolio is deployed in best practice line solutions for customer projects and thereby drive technical competitive advantage for our customers and for our company
⦁ Develop communication material to highlight the technical advantages of the solutions thus developed, leveraging knowhow of food technology, principles of industrial manufacturing, sustainability in manufacturing and of our portfolio
⦁ Drive deployment of and training on food technology and best practice line solutions
⦁ Support Customers with food technology expertise in their product development and production, e.g. product trials, trouble shooting, audits
We believe you have
⦁ A University degree holder in Food science / Technology or related sciences or a degree in Chemical / Biotech / Mechanical / Industrial / Food Process or equivalent
⦁ You have minimum 5 years work experience in development and/or manufacturing of liquid foods
⦁ You have a good understanding of the principles of food product development as well as understanding of process technology and process engineering for commercial food manufacturing
⦁ You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
You are a self-motivated person who likes to be the driving force and take an overall responsibility. You enjoy being the expert, sharing your knowledge and inspire people. You possess good market and technology understanding and an ability to absorb and understand market and customer needs, and convert those into innovative solutions for our customers. Your communication skills are excellent and you have the ability to build trust and good relations with global colleagues, in both commercially and technically oriented positions. You are comfortable collaborating with colleagues and customers from across different cultures and time zones.
We Offer You
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- A culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our industry experts drive visible results
- An equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements
If you are inspired to be part of our promise to protect what’s good; for food, people, and the planet, apply through our careers page at [ Link removed ] .
This job posting expires on 2022-12-07
To know more about the position contact Hemang Dholakia at
Questions about your application contact Emma Berndtsson at +46 46 36 4582
For trade union information contact Unionen/Lisbeth Larsson at +46 46 36 2320 or
Sveriges Ingenjörer /Lars Haraldsson at +46 46 36 2533