Hello, were Zimpler! Our vision is To provide simple and safe services, by understanding our users financial needs. Our payment solution is already live in Sweden, Finland and Germany, and soon to be expanding to other European countries. Founded in late 2012, Zimpler is now an established young company. In 2017, Zimpler was listed as the 3rd fastest growing tech company in Sweden on Deloittes Fast 50 tech list. We are looking for a Financial Controller to support our expansion. Is that you?
Whatever we do, we do things shysstare, both towards our colleagues, users and customers. We also value:
• An experimental atmosphere, some might call it a start-up mentality
• Creative and autonomous teamwork based on honest and transparent communication and individual responsibility. To work towards the same goals, we align through vision and roadmaps
• To constantly be able to improve what we do and how we do it. And youre the expert so your input is exactly what we need
• The possibilities to continually grow and learn as professionals and humans
• Having a balance between home/work through flexible work hours and locations
The dream is to build a world class finance team at Zimpler, where you as a financial controller will work together with the CFO and an accountant. Here you will have the opportunity to set and develop our processes and our way of working as we expand. You will have a key role in building the finance function to support our rapid growth.
• Control and follow up on the accounting (handled by external consultancy)
• Financial forecasts and reports for lead team and board
• Develop and improve our financial processes such as salary, automatization, accounting and so on
• Be an active part of the product development and support the connection between product and accounting
• Analyze income, cost drivers and suggest improvements
• Support the sales team with data analysis
• Support our compliance team with financial reporting to Finansinspektionen
• Drive the monthly and yearly closing process together with our external consultancy
Vi söker dig som
• 2+ years working experience as a controller or from an auditing firm
• Degree in economics or other relevant field
• Good knowledge in Swedish accounting and auditing
• Very good knowledge in Excel
• Very good knowledge in Swedish and English, written and spoken alike
These things would make you even more attractive:
• A background within financial service
• Experience from international companies and different currencies
• Working experience or understanding of Fortnox
• An Excel Jedi master
As a person you are:
• Driven and self-motivated
• A person who constantly sees possibilities and ways to improve things
• Thorough and have an eye for detail, you dont let things go until they are correct
• Willing and open to work with and help teammates by sharing knowledge and learning
• Motivated by working in a fast-paced start-up environment
What we offer:
• Fast paced and fun environment
• Flexible work hours
• Pension benefits
• Contribution to your wellness (Zimpler sponsor your gym card etc)
• Learn and develop at work, all Zimplers can educate themselves by attending conferences, seminars and trainings in and outside the country
In this process it is important with personal qualifications and a great interest for the position. In your application be sure to write a motivation in your cover letter that explains your interest. Welcome with your application in English today!
• Start: According to agreement
• Work extent: Full-time, Permanent position
• Location: Döbelnsgatan 12, Stockholm
• Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work but you will be hired directly at Zimpler and their request is that all questions regarding the position is handled by
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
Information om företaget
Zimpler is a swedish fintech company. We were founded in Stockholm and Gothenburg 2012. The goal has always been to simplify mobile payments and to be a really nice company. Zimpler's main product is a modern, mobile wallet that gives the user control over their spending. We do this with spending limits, nudging and behavioural science methods.
Zimpler have offices in Stockholm, Gothenburg, Berlin and Haparanda. You can use the wallet in Sweden and Finland at the moment, but there are plans for entering more european markets. Today we have more than 112 000 users who can make and get control over their payments.