Sanoma Utbildning is now looking for a high performing Business Controller. You will succeed in this role if you are strong business partner, enjoy seeing results of your work and communication to different stakeholders is natural to you.
Sanoma Utbildning is part of Sanoma Learning, the leading European learning company, serving over 20 million students in eleven countries. Their learning products and services enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their potential. Sanoma offers printed and digital learning materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education. Today, Sanoma group operates in eleven European countries and employs more than 5,000 professionals.
Sanoma Utbildning is now looking for a high performing Business Controller who has a soft spot for the learning industry.
You will succeed in this role if you are strong business partner, enjoy seeing results of your work and communication to different stakeholders is natural to you. You will work within the Nordic Finance organisation and report to Sanoma's Nordic Finance Director. Your key role is both to support the Nordic Leadership Team with focus on Swedish market and to own the Sanoma Utbildning financials from Profit & Loss to Cash Flow forecasting. You will develop our business reporting and provide business insights to support operational and strategic decision making. You are responsible for preparing, developing and analysing management accounting information and delivering high quality reports providing insights in key business drivers. You are integral part of forecasting and budgeting processes. Additionally you safeguard the accuracy of the financials in Sweden together with your team and group support functions.
Sanoma offers you an inspiring, agile and innovative working environment with an important mission; products and services that enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their full potential.
Your tasks will include:
- Finance Business Partner for Sanoma Utbildning Leadership Team members
- Strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Business Controlling:
- management reporting and analysis
- commercial reporting and forecasting
- cashflow forecasting
- cost controlling
- Finance development project implementation
- Month-end reporting leadership supported by centralized group functions
- Accounting Services, Financial Controlling, Tax, and Treasury if and when needed
- Working with different finance tools e.g. SAP, Oracle HFM, SAP BW/HANA and Power BI
- MSc in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or similar
- Minimum 5 years in high level business controlling role and/or other demanding financial roles preferably in international environment
- Advanced IT skills, experience with SAP and/or Oracle products is an asset
- Affinity with both business and finance. Healthy business acumen
- Analysing skills - Ability to interpret financial data and make predictions based on the data
- Proficiency in Swedish and English (both written and spoken). Other languages e.g. Finnish, Norwegian, Dutch are an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Shows initiative, has good social & networking skills and the ability to act as a trusted partner for business management
We want to create the market's best learning materials. We've all been students. Our textbook writers are teachers and most of our employees are former teachers. So, we know what an important job we are doing. What we do is provide the tools. We start from what we already know works in the classroom and bring it into the future together with new technology. Since digital learning can never recreate the interaction in the physical classroom, we advocate the mix of working both analogue and digital, what we call blended learning.
Sanoma Utbildning started in 1993. Since then, we have worked continuously to produce both physical and digital learning materials in everything from mathematics, language and social studies to history, law and philosophy. We turn to preschool, all the way up to university, college and sfi.
The development of our methodologies is based on deep teacher and student insight and really understanding their needs. By combining our educational technologies and pedagogical expertise, we create learning products and services with the highest learning impact.
We work 37,5 hours per week and have a high wellness contribution and you are allowed to exercise 1 hour per week on paid working hours among other benefits.