This position has become available due to an organisational re-structure and decision to apply a heavy focus into the integration on Business Intelligence in Finance. You will join an already established finance team with the aim of, once your have "found your feet", improving it and implementing relevant changes to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
Our client is an international medical research and technology (MedTech) firm who are at the pinnacle of innovation. They have been in operation for around 10 years and have their Nordic HQ based here in Stockholm. They have a superb track record of staff-retention and have achieved a sustainable growth rate year-on-year.
This is a permanent position where the organisation is looking for the "right" individual for the job. In saying this, not only will they take your experience into consideration, but also your personality and leadership qualities will be of vital importance to ensure team synergy. You will report directly to the CFO and will be responsible for a team of 5 finance professionals. As the Finance Manager, you will be part of the dynamic Nordic Team and will be given an opportunity to accelerate your professional career.
Your main responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Looking after monthly management accounting under IFRS and local GAAP
- Managing/overseeing the AP/AR processes
- Owning the balance-sheet and reconciliations
- Coordinating annual statutory audits including liaison with SSC's
- Be involved with the implementation of system updates, changes and tools to enable suitable BI usage.
- Prepare adhoc analysis to assist with team / department changes
- Analyse areas for development / improvement within the finance department as a whole.
For your application to be considered, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently working in Stockholm and have the right to live & work herein without restriction
- Be fluent in the English Language (other Nordic Languages are a merit)
- Have a relevant education, such as a Bachelors degree in Finance & Accounting.
- Have 5 + years of relevant experience within finance & accounting at senior level, ideally with time spent managing personnel. It will be considered a merit if you have worked within an international company at Nordic Level.
- Have a solid understanding of financial reporting (annually as well as monthly) according to IFRS and SWGAAP
- Have experience with relevant tools such as Power BI.
You will be given the opportunity to become part of the Nordic "Flag-ship" success story. This environment is international, multi-cultural and affords the opportunity to ensure professional development. The specifics around direct benefits will be discussed during the initial screening phase.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
International Financial Reporting Standards