This is us
As our new team member you will be part of the department of Standard Controls. We are currently a team of 11 people including our manager and we are the technology drivers within FlexLink. We evaluate new solutions and technologies related to controls for industrial automation before bringing them into R&D-projects or system sales. We also provide expert knowledge in relevant standards, regulations and technologies.
This is what you will do
An Embedded Software Engineer within Standard Controls plays the important role in developing and integrating technology into smart embedded solutions. More specifically you create unique solutions in material handling.
You will be responsible for requirements breakdown, design, implementation and test software for the FlexLink Device Platform which will serve as the foundation for IoT applications within industrial automation.
You will also:
This is you
- Participate in projects and in product changes
- Write implementation proposal (including time estimates)
- Assisting first line support with analyze and problem solving in support cases
- Propose kaizen events to continuously find ways to improve
To be successful in your new role, we believe that you hold an engineering degree within computer science/electrical engineering or equivalent. We also believe that you have 3+ years of relevant work experience. You have good knowledge in programming and related technical skills, with a logical approach to problem solving.
- Solid programming experience in C
- Competence in writing well designed, testable, and efficient code by using best software development practices
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Good understanding of hardware design and development
- Understanding of all stages of digital development
- Analytical capabilities
- Attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Interest in industrial production
- GIT knowledge
- Experience with Continuous Integration pipelines
- Experience with build systems, such as make and CMake
- RabbitMQ knowledge
- Robot Framework knowledge
- Knowledge in industrial communication (Profinet, CANopen, IO-Link, OPC UA)
- Unit Testing
- Experience in code reviews
FlexLink is an industry leader for automated production flow solutions. Working closely with global customers, we provide innovative, optimizing solutions to produce goods smarter, safer and at lower operating costs. Headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, FlexLink has operating units in 26 countries and is represented in more than 60. In 2020, FlexLink had about 1,000 employees and a turnover of 220 MEUR.
FlexLink is part of Coesia, a group of 21 companies specialised in highly innovative industrial and packaging solutions based in Bologna, Italy. The Group, whose sole Shareholder and President is Isabella Seràgnoli, is present in 35 countries with 84 production plants in 136 operating units and has over 8,000 employees.
Join the team! We are looking forward to receiving your application via our job portal!
If you have any questions about the position, please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Specialist, Jenny Smith, on +46 763 90 88 13.
External recruitment agencies are kindly requested not to contact the company regarding this recruitment.