We are an international gaming group that owns and operates gaming studios with popular global IPs across a wide range of casual and mid-core genres. The group is focused on accelerating portfolio company growth and supporting founders and entrepreneurs. MTG is an active driver of gaming industry consolidation and a strategic acquirer of gaming companies around the world. We are born in Sweden but have an international culture and global footprint. Our shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm under the symbols ‘MTGA’ and ‘MTGB’.
Group Business Control within MTG Group has the overall responsibility for the Groups financial planning, budget and forecast-processes. The function is also responsible for Management-reporting and shall analyze the financial and operative results to better understand the company and translate into actionable insights.
Group Business Control consists of a small team that works closely with the Group CFO to steer the overall business and ensure market communication and works towards local CFO.s around the world to secure the management reporting process and actively develop new ways and solutions to analyze and support the business. The function will also be involved in acquisition processes, due diligence and integration. The position has an important role in providing support to decision making for Group Management and will play a key role in challenging the organization making sure that target and guidelines are met and you will be a key member of the Finance management team and accountable for developing and leading the function forward as well as being hands-on in producing relevant analysis and presentations.
We believe that the right candidate has a master’s degree in economics, accounting or equivalent with approximately 6-8 years of experience in business controlling/FP&A-role preferably on a corporate level. The suitable candidate has experience from companies in a fast paced and international environment with a clear M&A agenda. The right candidate might also come from Transaction Services with a comprehensive M&A related financial due diligence experience, both from a buy- and sell-side with targets and clients ranging from SMEs to publicly listed companies.The candidate needs to have a strong experience in translating numbers and data into business insight- and impact, on both a corporate and local level.
We search for someone with a lot of enthusiasm, capability and drive. The right candidate needs to be a strategic and analytical thinker who is driven by results and can develop analytical tools and solutions. Moreover, the ideal candidate has proven people and management skills and is not afraid of challenging the organization whilst maintaining good relations to stakeholders across all departments on a global basis. To achieve this, we believe you are highly organized with good prioritizing skills.
This position will be placed in Stockholm at Skeppsbron 18 and reports to Group CFO.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead the Group’s financial planning cycle, financial analysis and forecasting to design and oversee the execution of the company budget. Work closely with the local finance teams in the subsidiaries to build their annual budgets and forecasts and steer the budget towards expected results. Reviews of Long-term strategic plans
- Responsible for reports to Board and Group Management team on a Monthly/quarterly/yearly basis, as well as leading the quarterly and annual communication to the market
- Lead the financial analysis and report financial findings (monthly, quarterly, yearly and forecasting). Analyzing financial and operational results to better understand the company’s performance and translate into actionable insight
- Lead the work for producing analytical models to determine the impacting business factors. Review of profitability as well as communicating to senior management of the performance and results
- Reviewing existing processes and procedures to develop recommendations for improvement efforts. Drive harmonization and standardization of processes, reports and way of working. Evaluating previous budgets, expenditures to develop and implement future budgets
- Responsible for internal benchmark and ranking, e.g. marketing effectiveness performance. Follow-up of key country initiatives and action plans, e.g. acquisitions and integration, efficiency projects etc.
- Responsible for the operative consolidation model, i.e. dimensions in the reporting that support the operative follow up and management of the Group, Regions, Line of Business etc.