Are you a collaborative, proactive & curious Senior Data engineer then below is an interesting position for you!
We are looking for a Senior data engineer that has a genuine interest in building powerful data pipelines and is passionate about clean code. You will be working in building SEB’s Product Master Data Platform. We manage the bank’s common Products catalogue and ensure that product- and product arrangement is made available in key banking initiatives such as digitalizing customer journeys and know your customer (KYC) processes. You together with team will take an end-2-end responsibility for our cross-platform for product master data.
The data published by Master Data Platform is used by the bank’s internal users for example: Pension & Insurance, FICC & Equities, Trading, Mortgage Loan, Private Loan, AML & holding Control and many more.
We use the following technologies:
Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Kafka, Java 17, Maven, Microsoft SQL Server, Data Lake Hadoop, Angular, OpenShift, Splunk, Junit, Mockito, REST-API, Swagger, Sonar, GitHub Actions etc.
What you will be doing:
• Develop powerful data pipelines that efficiently process large volumes of product master data, by participating in all the phases of development i.e. implementation architecture, requirement collection, coding & testing etc.
• Enable product- and product arrangement workflows that expose performant query interfaces and offer easy-to-use integration hooks.
• Build features to tune processing pipeline and indexing depending on needs and workloads
• Build solutions by using TDD and code reviews
• Encourage innovation and love working with modern and agile ways of working
In practice this means that you will:
• Help in formulating the implementation roadmap that meets the solution architecture.
• Ability to take initiative and ownership in a fast-paced environment
• Drive change and is used to work independently, in a group and taking own initiatives
• The position is in Stockholm, Arenastaden and with the possibility to work two days from home.
Who are we looking for?
• Relevant degree and industry experience in building complex data pipeline
• Have some experience from DevOps maturity models and CI/CD
• Experience with data processing frameworks (Kafka, IBM MQ etc)
• Experience with different data lakes or warehouses
• Experience with containerization and other modern software development paradigms.
• Previous experience in the financial industry is an advantage.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Ready to join?
Since we select candidates continuously, feel free to send in your application today, but no later than 2023-01-31. Due to end-of-year holidays we will initiate selection process in full after mid-January.
If you have questions about the position, please contact Shankar Gautam, +46 70 762 12 92
SEB Sweden has a redeployment responsibility, why this position might be covered by internal redeployment
Welcome to a community of tech-savvy and passionate employees from all corners of the world. SEB is in fact one of the largest IT employers in the Nordics. Together we future proof a world of financial flows by exploring and implementing modern digital architecture and state-of-the-art technology. We are driven by collaboration, insight, and friendship. But also, a desire to change and improve. All in all, it creates a balance - where life and a stable yet exciting job can co-exist. If you want to shape tomorrow's bank - continue reading and apply today.
Read more: [ Link removed ]