Product Development Engineer R&D Filler Metals
ESAB is a global company and world leading when it comes to producing filler metals, automation, and equipment for virtually every welding and cutting process and application.
We are now looking for a Development Engineer to R&D Filler Metals at our Gothenburg site. The product development team is a part of the global consumables R&D function. The team researches and develops product line with ESAB`S strategic goals and market input via our R&D processes.
As a team member of R&D Filler Metals you will develop welding consumables for ESAB globally. You will cooperate with the production team, to ensure that technical aspects are accomplished, as well as quality functions. You will also work closely with the purchasing department regarding new materials.
- New Product -and Concept Development
- Product maintenance of existing range
- Technical documentation & instructions for production & control
- Research and investigations related to welding consumables to build knowledge for new and innovative products
- Investigate & approve raw materials is both grades and suppliers
- Keeping technical data updated in PLM system
The position is based in Gothenburg, Sweden. Occasional traveling is required.
You are a team player with strong collaboration skills. A practical touch, accuracy and analytical thinking are also important qualities. To thrive in this role, you need to be able to work independently, and used to take your own initiatives. As a person, you are curious and enjoy working together with others and share your results, experiences, and knowledge. Since several different tasks are relevant in the role, you need to be flexible and service oriented.
- We believe that you have a Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Chemistry, Metallurgy or Materials Science
- We see that you are used to delivering results, by your excellent communication skills and a strategic plan
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from development or research work in welding or similar industry
- Experience in project management
- High integrity
- You are proficient in both written and verbal communications in Swedish and English
- Meritorious if you have experience in using statistical tools such as DoE & MVDA
We offer you
A creative work environment with good possibilities to development in your profession. You will work with exciting projects and high-end technical development. We have a global multicultural environment, where we give you the opportunity to travel and work in an international environment.
For further information, please contact Malou Magnusson 0707-58 87 45 or Josefine Petersson 0702-50 14 29 at Intenso Teknikrekrytering.
We look forward to your application!
With more than a hundred years of continuous research, development, and sales, has made ESAB world leading within welding and cutting. ESAB is an international provider of products, know-how and service, which very few can compare to. ESAB manufactures capital goods for all types of welding- and cutting processes and applications. ESAB has over 8 500 employees worldwide. You can read more about ESAB on [ Link removed ]
Sökord: chemistry, metallurgi, metallurgy, material science, DoE, MVDA, filler metal, welding,