Axis has a powerful open developer platform that enables a rich ecosystem of developers and partner companies to build solutions leveraging the capabilities in our products. Our ability to continue this journey and attracting a growing number of computer vision developers depends on trust and visibility in the developer community.
We are passionate about lowering the threshold for developers to go from idea to finished product. Are you?
This developer advocate role is for Axis HQ in Lund.
What you'll do here as Developer Advocate?
- Drive overall awareness of the complete developer offering from Axis.
- This includes Axis Camera Application Platform (ACAP) where technologies can include Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, TensorFlow, OpenCV. It will also stretch into Axis integration offerings across various cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Work closely with product management and the engineering team to improve the overall developer experience. This may include documentation on Axis.com and GitHub, tutorials & guides, example code and so on
- Help position Axis as the leader in shaping the future of edge based computer vision and video analytics
- Grow our developer community by helping developers solve problems and be their voice inside Axis. This may be through a GitHub issue tracker, direct partner contact etc.
- Write and deliver blog posts and tutorials targeted at developers and computer vision practitioners
- Make it simple to contribute to the growing library of open-source components that is making up ACAP
- Use your creativity to build excitement around computer vision development on the edge
Who are we looking for?
- You are most likely a senior software developer with subject matter expertise in computer vision or distributed computing, preferably with knowledge in building for constrained environments
- You are a solid communicator with experience writing about, teaching, or speaking about complex technical topics
We'd love to hear that you...
- Are familiar with both cloud and embedded software development
- Understand the fundamentals of deep-learning based computer vision where things like ImageNet, MobileNet, TFLite, OpenVX and Transformers among other things come natural to you
- Has been in a similar role before, but this is not a strict requirement
The role will require, at times, extensive travel to conferences and customer meetings where you will represent Axis.
What Axis have to offer
You will join a growing company, that is leading in its industry. We love a challenge, and we love to challenge ourselves. You will land in an organization that truly values your personal development and where we act as one.
You will be working closely with engineering teams across Axis and product management.
Ready to Act?
Please connect with the recruiting manager, Christian Nord, on LinkedIn should you have further questions prior to applying.
This recruitment is handled solely by Axis Communications AB, and we politely but firmly decline all calls from recruitment and consulting companies.