Dev Ops Software Engineer
6 month contract
My client, a multinational furniture retailer with multiple sites in Europe is currently seeking to hire an independent, self-moving, experienced Dev Ops Software Engineer to work in the Real Estate area to develop and support digital solutions to meet the clients Real Estate business needs. The software engineer will be part of a growing team modernizing the client IT landscape using cloud technologies, extracting data from legacy systems to be able to improve their business processes and support the business in making better quality decisions on more timely and reliable dataThe Job:
- Support Engineering Manager in the development and support (Devops) of new digital cloud solutions
- Extract, consolidate, and publish data locked in the legacy IT solutions with higher data quality enabling the business to improve, automate more of the business processes and make better decisions on more reliable data
- Contribute to product engineering team daily stand ups, backlog grooming, retrospectives and demos
- Build, integrate and maintain digital solutions that are in line with the Digital Tech and Data standards
- Support the Release and Roll-out planning for all systems, as well as addition of new sites
- Proven software/data engineering experience in cloud context
- Experience of Change Data Capture techniques and tooling, e.g. Qlik Replicate
- Experience of using Google Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, AppEngine, Dataflow/Apache Beam, Pub/Sub, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Big Query, Rest API, Splunk, Github, Cloud build
- Experience in development using AngularJS/React,Java, Springboot, NodeJS
- Experience working with development and operations processes including TDD, BDD, DevOps supported by Jira, Confluence
- Good planning and coordination skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large expanding business and one of the largest ongoing European Transformation projects.