To strengthen our customer’s Nordic Business Technology team, we are looking for a permanent Cyber Security Engineer to aid in delivering solutions that will enable St1 to benefit from opportunities in the business environment created by energy transition and to find competitive edge from digitalization.
St1 Business Technology is a great place to put existing skills into action and to learn and develop those even further. You will have a unique hands-on possibility to make real impact by developing our tools and processes in an environment of multiple vendors, technologies and business domains. In this job, you need to have a good tolerance of uncertainty, disciplined way of working, and ability to prioritize the tasks at hand based on what brings the most value for the company. It is less important if you already have all the competences, experience and knowhow described in this job advertisement but more important that you have an enthusiasm to hands-on engage in problem solving in collaboration with other people and continuously learn for more.
We appreciate documented knowledge in some of the following areas:
• Detect and respond to company-wide security incidents, mitigate and eradicate threats
• Monitor and analyse emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits
• Develop and implement scalable preventative security measures (detection, monitoring, exploitation)
• Stay on top of security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research
• Analyse risks and possible mitigations
• Detect and respond to basic security incidents across the organization
• Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of corporate and production infrastructure
• Utilize log ingestion platform for security analytics and identification of tactics, techniques, and patterns of attackers
• Contribute to the creation of runbooks
• Contribute to the production and tuning of detection rules
• Digital forensics & incident response (DFIR)
• Identify and mitigate complex security vulnerabilities before an attacker exploits them
• Perform forensic analysis of infected hosts independently
• Analyse network traffic and identify attacker activity
• Mentor other members of the Security Incident Response Team
• Build and maintain scalable log ingestion and analytics platforms and tooling
• Perform root cause analysis (RCA) and incident reviews
• Perform audits for certain systems
Key success factors in this role are:
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with cyber security task (See list above)
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English (Fluency in Swedish, Finnish or Norwegian is considered an advantage.)
• Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure and M365
• Experience with operating system internals and hardening, web application and browser security, and monitoring and intrusion detection
• Some knowhow from any relevant industry (oil, gas, energy, payment, retail)
• Software engineering background and understanding of the related fundamentals and methods through practical experience.
• Project management and coordination experience
• Product development knowhow
What’s in it for you?
• A position where you can put your skills and knowledge into real use and at the same time continuously learn for more.
• Multiple business domains in one company, there is always a new business area you can dive into and a new interesting project to be worked with.
• Startup like working culture but with the backbone of big company. Unique combination of freedom and responsibility. You are not just one cog in the wheel but can really make a difference to the company’s future.
• Small but talented business technology organization where each individual counts. Nordic community and opportunity work in an international setting.
• Role and responsibility can be tailored based on applicant’s experience and knowhow.
The work starts in the fall/upon negotiation but since we start reading the applications immediately, we wish you to apply as soon as possible. If you have any questions about the role or recruitment process, please contact Poolia; Jennifer Nilsson, +46720-796988
St1 Nordic Oy is a Nordic energy Group whose vision is to be the leading producer and seller of CO2-aware energy. The Group researches and develops economically viable, environmentally sustainable energy solutions. St1 focuses on fuels marketing activities, oil refining and renewable energy solutions such as waste-based advanced ethanol fuels and industrial wind power. The Group has 1300 St1 and Shell branded retail stations in Finland, Sweden and Norway. Headquartered in Helsinki, St1 employs currently more than 980 people. www.st1.com