Are you an experienced scientist in the field of cell biology and advanced cell culture? Do you have understanding of molecular switches, cloning, gene engineering (CRISPR) and other technologies within synthetic biology that you are keen to apply for the development of novel cell-based therapies? Join us and be a key player in the build of our Biopharmaceuticals R&D Cell Therapy department. Together we will push the boundaries of Science!
Biopharmaceuticals R&D is committed to the development of next generation innovative medicines, and we are building a Cell Therapy department with the goal to establish AstraZeneca as a world-leader in Cell Therapy across disease areas within Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolism (CVRM) and Respiratory and Inflammation (R&I). The department will bring together ?50 specialists to support the organization with cell therapy expertise and capabilities, and we are working in close collaboration with experts across AstraZeneca globally to leverage the existing and emerging platforms in cell technologies, new modalities, universal cell lines and CRISPR-mediated genome editing.Responsibilities
This role provides an opportunity to work in an international, highly cross disciplinary environment with ground-breaking techniques and technologies within areas such as stem cell biology and precise genome editing. You will work together with our in vitro scientists and collaborate with disease area specialists, in vivo scientists and advanced imaging experts to develop our scientific capabilities and ensure efficient progress of Cell Therapy projects.
The role is focused on laboratory-based activities and you will use your scientific expertise to design and execute experiments and to deliver high quality data. Your biggest impact will be through practical and scientific contributions to support projects in compliance with AstraZeneca corporate responsibility, policies and relevant safety standards.
In this role it is essential to have good social and communication skills, be collaborative and a strong team player. You should be able to work independently, take own initiatives and have a positive, goal oriented and problem-solving attitude. Good organizational, data management and documentation skills are required, and you should be comfortable in presenting your results internally as well as at external meetings.
• Culture and differentiate pluripotent stem cells using small molecules/cytokines to physiological relevant cell types that can be used for cell therapy applications.
• Implement CRISPR, molecular switches and synthetic mRNA technologies in stem cells to improve the differentiation capacity.
• Implement receptor design and engineering strategies for immune cell types (e.g., CAR-T, CAR-M).
• Characterize and quantify cell phenotype/identity using readouts like qPCR, flow cytometry and imaging-based readouts.
• Develop and troubleshoot protocols for in vitro culture and differentiation of various cell types including pluripotent stem cells.
• Independently analyse and report data to support project decisions and communicate relevant information to project teams within the bioscience department as well as across other functions.Your profile
Essential for the role
• Ph.D. in Cell Biology or a related field with relevant academic or industrial experience.
• Experience with genome editing and developing reporter lines.
• Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture and/or stem cell culture.
• Ability to work independently, take own initiatives and have a positive, goal oriented and problem-solving attitude
• Good organizational, data management and documentation skills
• Good scientific presentation skills and ability to comfortably present and discuss scientific data.
Desirable for the role
• Hands-on experience of hESC or hiPSC culture and differentiation. Experience in using synthetic mRNAs for driving stem cell differentiation.
• Experience in cellular analysis platforms like imaging (e.g. confocal, incucyte), flow cytometry or qPCR.About the organisation
This position is a consultant assignment for 12 months at AstraZeneca in Göteborg. During this time you will be employed by QRIOS Life Science & Engineering.
QRIOS employs curious experts in IT, Life Science and Engineering. We want to continue to attract the best employees, to continue to support our partners with the important competences you require. We are a recruitment and consulting company that is strongly inspired by those who never stop looking for new solutions. As we say, QRIOS MINDS GO FURTHER.