We’re looking for an engineer who has experience, knowledge and interest in producing companies and especially buying and managing commodity for our customers different components. You are a good communicator and have great negotiation skills (in English).
Randstad Engineering is specialized in competences within engineering. As a consultant with us, you get a competitive salary, benefits and collective agreements. Your consultant manager is always there for you and ensures that you get varying and developing assignments at different companies, within different industries. At Randstad Engineering, your personal development is in focus, and you are offered a large network and many social activities.
In your role as Commodity Manager you will be responsible to develop and execute strategies for the commodity and ensure we have a supplier base providing competitive components in accordance with commodity targets.
The role includes a high degree of cross functional collaboration with engineering where the Commodity Manager implements the sourcing strategies in the product development programs.
In our customers organization you report to the global supply chain and the Commodity Manager a part of a global functional team with whom to develop and coordinate the commodity activities.
Examples of tasks in your role:
- Develop comprehensive commodity strategy that support business objectives in close collaboration with the global functional team. You will actively contribute to global and local targets and leverage synergies by using and involving the procurement network within the company, worldwide.
- Continuously develop and lead/drive the supplier base to set targets and strategies.
- Understand supplier base risk and develop risk mitigation strategies for your commodity.
- Be part of product development programs, including responsibility for sourcing of new components according to set commodity strategy.
- Negotiate and complete contracts in accordance to the strategy and sourcing plan for your commodity.
- Keep current with global market conditions of commodity category and apply data appropriately to negotiations with suppliers.
- Build and maintain working relationships with your key business stakeholders to be a respected business partner with to obtain high influence on the cross-functional strategies within your commodity.
- At least 3-5 years of working experience within strategic procurement in an international environment. Working experience from the energy industry or producing industry is an advantage.
- You have a master’s degree in Industrial Engineering.
- You have good skills in office tools such as word, excel and powerpoint. Working experience of SAP is beneficial.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in Swedish and English. Additional language skills are beneficial.
- You have basic knowledge in legal structure of a purchasing contract.
You have a collaborative mindset and with an ambition to deliver result you drive your commodity to result. You are creative in problem solving and business-results oriented and at the same time able to think strategically and to build trust with internal and external stakeholders, within an intercultural environment. At last you’re used to work towards deadlines and take high responsibility in deliver your projects in time.
For us, it is important that all competence and skills in the labor market are utilized. We welcome all applicants and strive for diversity.
Last day to apply is 2022-01-20, selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible.
For more information: Malin Lindström, consultant manager, [ Email address blocked ] .