Your task will be to ensure that Axis suppliers have the production capacity to meet current and future part production volumes. Primary focus will be the supplier base within Mechanics Commodity. One important task will be to maintain and further develop the supplier capacity evaluation process, in order to secure that the supplier capacity information is defined, registered and maintained in a standardized way. The goal is to make sure that Axis can verify and have accurate information about the supplier capacity in the system and to be able to work in a more proactive way together with the suppliers. You will work closely with commodity managers in this position and you will take an important role in mechanical commodity teams. Working in this position will give you a great opportunity to make a difference to our business.
Who is your future team?
Sourcing´s task is to create best possible prerequisites for a reliable and efficient supply chain now and in the future. We make sure to have the most suitable suppliers and utilize them in order to achieve maximum contribution both commercially and technically.
What you'll do here as Commodity Buyer:
- In close cooperation with suppliers, ensure the future's production capacity needs are aligned with current component forecast
- Evaluate and audit supplier's production capacity
- Work in close cooperation with the demand planning team to validate component forecast data
- Work in close cooperation with product managers to understand the lifetime of existing products and at the same time keep track on new product introduction plans
- Identify and address deviations and improvement areas
- Work in close cooperation with commodity managers on mapping supplier´s current and future production capacity in order to avoid supply disturbances and work with risk mitigation
- Address process improvements within your area of responsibility
- Verify and control suppliers resource and material planning
- Continuously decrease purchase prices and improve other purchasing terms and conditions on mechanic components by conducting fact based negotiations with suppliers together with commodity managers
- Be involved early in product development to influence component choices as well as taking care of commercial discussions during development phase
- Be responsible for developing supplier's performance to support Axis vision
- Keep track of market trends within the mechanics industry and act to minimize supply disturbances
- Keep track of raw material cost level changes in order to support negotiation strategy within the category
This position is very important because you will have great opportunity to affect a big part of Axis product availability and by this have opportunity to affect and make big difference to our business and continued success.
The position requires approximately 10-15 days of travelling a year, depending on pandemic situation.
Who are we looking for/Who are you?:
We believe that you are a relationship builder who enjoys working together in a team. You are analytic, well-structured and result oriented with a keen interest in the business. We believe that you are an open minded individual with a strong drive who pays attention to details.
We'd love to hear that you have/are:
- A degree in Industrial Economy, Business, Supply Chain Management or similar
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Experience from working in ERP systems
- Excellent skills in English, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge about mechanical suppliers manufacturing processes, preferably within plastic and diecasting
- At least 2 years of purchasing/sourcing experience from international companies.
- Knowledge about electronics and mechanical market dynamics
- Knowledge about business culture in different parts of the world
What Axis have to offer:
In exchange for your dedication Axis can offer you an innovative and global organization with an environment where you can develop both as a professional and as an individual. You will have a great opportunity to make a difference to our business.
Ready to Act?
Call Find out more about the position from our Sourcing Manager, Per Lindkvist at
+46 46 272 1800
Supply Chain Management
Supplier Performance Management