iCellate develops and sells Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) based diagnostic services in the areas of hereditary cancer, cancer diagnostics and individual cancer treatment. We sell the in-house developed service GeneMate® which analyzes the increased risk of hereditary cancers. The service is based on NGS-based genetic analysis along with a review of the family history of cancer. Our research portfolio includes developing various liquid biopsy NGS analyses of circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) and circulating tumor cells (CTC) for individual cancer treatment and early cancer diagnosis. iCellate is a medical laboratory registered by IVO and accredited according to the international laboratory standard for medical laboratories ISO15189.
We are now looking for an experienced clinical molecular geneticist with a Ph.D. degree to work with the clinical interpretation of our clinical samples and contribute to our R&D projects. You are offered an exciting and developing workplace with dedicated colleagues and the opportunity to develop new products and services to help patients get an individual genetic interpretation to provide individual risk assessments, treatment suggestions and more. If this sounds interesting to you – join us on our journey!
The position is full-time with placement in Solna. We evaluate applications on an ongoing basis and welcome your application today!
As a clinical molecular geneticist at iCellate, you will work on the clinical interpretation of samples and contribute to our R&D projects. At iCellate, you will work in close collaboration with the laboratory team, our genetic counselor and clinical geneticist. The role will offer a unique opportunity to combine working with clinical analyses and R&D work. We have a state-of-the-art platform and capabilities for clinical interpretation to enable efficient and accurate analyses. In the role of clinical molecular geneticist, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining these capacities.
• Responsible for clinical interpretation of sequencing data from customer samples, prepare and sign the genetic reports.
• Responsible for the development of strategies, workflows, and platforms concerning clinical interpretation.
• Contributes as a scientific expert in questions related to clinical interpretation in our R&D projects.
• As a scientific expert, together with the R&D team, develop the iCellate’s R&D pipeline.
• Preferable, when applicable, perform laboratory work in R&D or customer samples as part of our Operations activities.
• Working with internal procedures according to the international laboratory standard for medical laboratories ISO15189
We are looking for you who have:
• Ph.D. in cancer genetics, molecular medicine, molecular biology, or related field.
• Minimum of 2 years experience of work with clinical cancer genetics and cancer biology.
• Minimum of 5 years experience of laboratory work in genetics and molecular biology methods.
• Experience from working as a Clinical Molecular Geneticist or with similar responsibilities.
• Experience in working with NGS (Next Generation Sequencing)
• Experience from working with bioinformatics, software for molecular genetics and genomic analysis, and genetic databases is a strong merit.
• Experience from working with ACMG/ASCO guidelines is a merit.
• Experience from working under ISO15189 or ISO17025 is a merit.
• Good knowledge of Swedish and English in both speech and writing.
We’re looking for a motivated candidate with a high sense of responsibility who genuinely cares about our patients' and customers' best interests. You should be an analytical and structured person who enjoys working independently and systematically with high quality and deliver your work effectively and in a timely fashion. It is essential that you enjoy scientific development, challenges and working in new areas, and have a problem-solving mindset. Strong communication and team working skills are required.
ABOUT iCELLATE MEDICAL
iCellate is a Swedish medical technology company founded in 2011. The technology is based on research from Karolinska Institute in collaboration with Karolinska University Hospital and the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. Over the years, the company has received many awards from Swedish and international institutions and companies. iCellate is a medical laboratory registered by IVO and accredited according to the international laboratory standard for medical laboratories ISO15189
To know more about iCellate, visit us at: www.icellate.se