Q-linea continues to grow and is now looking to recruit a Clinical Affairs Specialist with experience in clinical microbiology to join the company. Q-linea develops and delivers innovative solutions for the diagnosis of infectious diseases, with a keen focus on improving sepsis treatment while reducing antibiotic resistance. The company’s leading product, ASTar®, is a fully automated instrument for antimicrobial susceptibility testing (AST), which produces a sensitivity profile from a positive blood culture in approximately six hours. This is 24 to 40 hours faster than current diagnostics.
As a Clinical Affairs Specialist, you will have a key role in the implementation of the ASTar® instrument technology in clinical settings and help bring about a new reality of faster phenotypic AST that allows healthcare providers to accurately diagnose and treat infectious diseases in the shortest possible time. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build relationships and collaborations with clinicians, Key-Opinion leaders and other stakeholders to promote clinical value of faster AST and provide them with scientific and clinical guidance, education and training. We are looking for an outgoing expert in clinical microbiology and AST, who wants an exciting position at a company in the forefront of innovative infectious disease diagnostics.
Q-linea has its HQ in Uppsala Sweden and is listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm Mid Cap. The position is full-time and preferably based in Stockholm or Uppsala, Sweden, but for the right candidate other locations in Sweden will be considered. We welcome your application today!
As a Clinical Affairs Specialist, you will be part of the Clinical Value Department at Q-lInea and help promote the clinical value of faster AST and implementation of ASTar® in Sweden and Europe.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Present in a compelling and scientifically rigorous way the advantages of faster phenotypic AST and the health and economic benefits of using ASTar® to various clinical stakeholders
• Analyze clinical pathways and antimicrobial stewardship practices at customer sites to develop ASTar® implementation strategies in close collaboration with Sales.
• Maintain peer-to-peer relationships with Key Opinion Leaders at academic institutions, community hospitals and clinics.
• Deliver clinical education and training to internal and external customers on the value of rapid AST as well as on available clinical data.
• Attend congresses to learn more about treatments and advances in relevant therapy areas, develop a clinical network and engage with current and prospect customers.
• Participate in strategic and cross-functional collaborations, both internal and external, to secure the long-term success of ASTar®
• Participate in bringing in new competencies and talents to Q-Linea and continue to grow the company’ s Clinical Value Department.
The suitable candidate has the following qualifications:
• Postgraduate degree (MSc, PhD) in Clinical Microbiology is required
• Knowledge of bacteriology, microbial diagnostics methods and strategies acquired through at least 4 years’ experience in a Microbiology Laboratory
• Knowledge of antimicrobial prescribing strategies, clinical management protocols and clinical pathways related to patients with bloodstream infections and sepsis.
• Experience in implementing new/rapid diagnostics within the laboratory workflow in support of antimicrobial stewardship efforts is a strong plus.
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is a requirement. Swedish is a strong plus.
The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for clinical microbiology, better healthcare innovations and thrives in a role that requires both operational management and strategic overview. Strong communication and time management skills as well as a high level of accountability are required to be successful in this role. Furthermore, we believe that you are a real team player, “quick on your feet” and have an eye for details. As our target customers will be in Sweden and Europe, regular but planned travel is required for the position.
If you are ready to bring your skills and expertise to this position, we are ready to offer you an exciting and dynamic work environment where you will make a key difference and help patients get better clinical outcomes!
Q-linea AB is a public-listed diagnostic company focused on developing and delivering solutions to enable healthcare providers to diagnose and treat infectious diseases in the shortest possible time. Our vision is to help save lives by, as an innovative pioneer, ensuring that antibiotics can be maintained as an effective treatment for future generations. The company was founded in 2008 around technology developed by researchers from the Rudbeck Laboratory at Uppsala University, together with Olink Bioscience AB and Uppsala University's holding company UUAB. Q-linea today consists of a 100+ interdisciplinary and highly motivated team that conducts its operations in modern and well adapted premises in Uppsala Science Park and in Fyrislund. You can find more information about Q-Linea at www.qlinea.com