Pierce AB is one of Europe's leading and most successful e-tailer for motorbike and snowmobile riders. We are now looking for a new experienced Category Manager for the category - Gear.
Pierce AB is one of Europe's leading and most successful e-tailer for motorbike and snowmobile riders.
The company is growing rapidly and is listed on Nasdaq. With more than 400 people, we sell across 18 European markets and manages suppliers around the globe.
Pierce has three web stores, 24MX, XLMOTO and Sledstore and sells products divided into three main categories:
Parts: Everything on your bike
Gear: Everything on the rider
Accessories: Everything you need to take care of you and your bike
We are currently looking to further strengthen the Gear team with an experienced Category Manager. Gear is the biggest category, half the size of the total volume The category consists of both external and private brands and the assortment includes products ranging from helmets and protective gear to boots, gloves and street and lifestyle apparel.
Are you looking for a challenging role in a dynamic team and growing company? Then this might be the role for you!
Come and join us!
The purpose of the role:
- Set the category strategy and plans within your category area in line with financial targets for the Group to increase sales and profitability.
- Ensure Category plans are supported by a sourcing strategy, supplier selections, negotiations and build supplier relations for branded suppliers, distributors and our own private brands.
- Develop the category strategy to ensure successful implementation in our markets, taking local adaption as well as differentiated assortment offering into consideration.
Responsibilities of a Category Manager within Gear
You're are responsible for the category strategy and plans to be defined cross stores including sourcing strategy, distributors, and private brands.
You're responsible for defined assortment with local adaption to be implemented according to timely updates and reviews (phase in, phase out) and to provide relevant product information.
You're responsible for private brands development and penetration in line with owned category strategy and plans. You will develop and/ or identify destination drivers as well as margin heroes.
You own the supplier relationship and is responsible for take necessary actions to achieve supplier investment targets as well developing long-term relations for further expansions.
You will be accountable for reaching profitability targets through supplier negotiations and category development. You will monitor results, market development, competitors and category trends. You're responsible for category promotion plan aligned with Marketing and Pricing teams to drive sales and profitability as well as follow the product life cycle management governance.
You will adapt to new processes and way of working in transitional environment and pro-actively seek information or training to learn as well as participate in dedicated projects.
Professional profile, competence and skills
- Your education level is Master/ Msc. Or MA
- You have a genuine experience (+5 years) from strategic category management meaning strategic/ tactical
work as well day to day operations from e-tail and/ or retail
- You need to have strong business acumen, being passionate about products and category management as well as accountable and result oriented
- You have strong analytic skills with big picture thinking and high ambition level for your category
- You're self-organizing, very structured and pro-active and can keep focus under pressure to deliver in targets and business critical actions
- You have long experience from supplier management and can build long-term relations and based on commercial requirements being able to create solutions for the identified business challenges.
- Your professional integrity and ethics are strong as well as your negotiation skills towards suppliers
- You're a team player with positive and solution-oriented attitude
- You can manage Excel on a high level and are well familiar to MS Office
- You're used to a dynamic work environment with flexibility and ability to adapt quickly
- You have a cross cultural sensitivity, understands and can empathize with differences in people and cultures being respectful
- Fluent in English, speaking as well as in writing
At Pierce you will be offered an open, multicultural, and flexible place of work with great possibilities for personal growth in a global environment. The position is a permanent employment with a 6-months trial period.
Please note that we will only reach out to relevant applicants and that all applications are handled by Michael Page. For any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process, please contact André Grindefjord at: