Summary of Role
The ServicePLUS Buyer/Planner acts as an agent of the Company to plan, procure product from direct manufacturers and third party suppliers at terms consistent with our standards of quality and customer schedules. This role has responsibility to plan and align inventory at the ServicePLUS Centers to help the supply chain deliver on-time to meet customer contracts and expectations. Additionally, this role has responsibility to meet inventory and working capital metrics consistent with company goals.Tasks and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Manage supplier performance and relationships
- Procure product for re-sale
- Monitor on-going vendor quality, price, and delivery performance
- Review MRP system demand messages to identify items and quantities requiring replenishment
- Issue purchase orders to suppliers
- Process, follow-up, and respond to purchase order priority requests
- Interact with other TSS departments
- Communication of early warning notifications between Suppliers and appropriate ServicePLUS Operations Managers/Supervisors
- Development of supplier relationships
- Manage inventory to meet contractual obligations with customers
- Manage inventory to meet company inventory and working capital goals
- Work with sales to determine appropriate stocking levels for customer programs
- Focus on customer satisfaction
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in purchasing/procurement/planning or supply chain required.
- Experience working with ERP systems required, JD Edwards preferred.
- NAPM, APICS, TQM or other certifications a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn ERP and CRM systems
- Travel - up to 10%
Last Application Date: 2021-11-08
Please right-click the link to open in a new tab.