Software Skills is a recruitment company that specialises in software and IT. We match highly skilled developers, testers and other IT experts with small and large organisations, product companies and consulting companies in Gothenburg. As represented by us, you will be guided through a friendly and professional recruitment process that aims to secure a role that perfectly matches your abilities.
Do you want to help change the real estate sector by reducing energy usage and minimising the carbon footprint? Metry is looking for a backend developer who want to contribute to data driven sustainability by developing their energy data platform.
Metry digitalises access to energy data, helping the real estate industry - that is responsible for emitting 1/3 of the world's greenhouse gases - become more energy efficient. To do this they have developed an easy way to compile data from hundreds of utility providers, millions of smart meters and analog measuring points.
About the role
Metry is looking for motivated developers who can collaborate with their colleagues to build something that has value for them and their customers, while enjoying the entire development process. You will work on a variety of technical challenges, both big and small, building new features and improving existing ones.
As part of their core team dealing directly with the platform, you will help Metry take a step in the right direction and grow their business. You will be joining an existing scrum team working closely with fellow developers and a product owner, taking part in demos, retrospectives, code reviews and other team activities.
• 5+ years of production experience with database driven applications and restful APIs
• Experience with distributed cloud application development, deployment and monitoring.
• Hands on experience with large databases and scalability challenges.
• An ability to take complex problems and break them down, making pragmatic compromises that balance risks and requirements.
• An interest in the whole software development life cycle and a desire to build functionality that has a positive impact on our customers and our colleagues.
• Good communication skills in English
Nice to have or happy to learn
• Experience with PHP, Python or NodeJs
• Experience with AWS or similar cloud computing services
• Familiarity with MongoDB or other document databases
Their offer to you
• A great team and a great engineering culture [ Link removed ]
• Challenging projects and an opportunity to work with real life problems at scale
• Opportunity to pick your own working equipment
• Budget for team building
• Budget for personal development
• Private health insurance
• Contribution to your pension plan
• Friskvårdsbidrag - Support for sports and gym expenses
The Metry team is working remotely at the moment, but they have a great office in central Gothenburg with good coffee and a selection of tea (they can order something else if you are not a tea/coffee drinker). Every Friday afternoon they have company-wide workshops, release parties and discussions that go under the name “[ Link removed ] .
How to apply
Please press the Apply button at the top right corner of the page. Any questions about the position? Contact Rickard Kannerholt at [ Email address blocked ] for more information. We consider candidates on a rolling basis, which means the role might be filled before the application deadline.