As an automation engineer at IKEA Intralogistics you will get the freedom to grow and become a leading developer of automated logistics solutions. Are you passionate about technology, like to be on top of innovation and isn't afraid of challenging the status quo?
IKEA is one of the world's leading home furnishing companies. Their vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. They do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
IKEA Intralogistics is responsible to establish, lead, support and develop logistic solutions for the various IKEA units that have a logistical and fulfillment component, including the development and innovation agenda of intralogistics at IKEA global. In practical terms, Intralogistics shall lead and educate in creating concepts, processes and solutions for IKEA Handling and Storage as well as to act as center of expertise for all establishments of logistics units around the globe. The organization is in strong lead towards a more mechanical and automated goods handling.
One of their current projects is the ASAP-project: Automated Storage Automated Picking. In the Kållered unit in Gothenburg they have implemented an automation that both picks and stores gods for their customers and is 75% more efficient than in the conventional store:
You are offered
* Development: Its all up to you. Where will you go? How will you grow? Get started and see. Your personal growth fuels your IKEA opportunities. Along the way, youll get the support you need to develop personally and professionally so you can create your own unique IKEA journey in whatever direction you choose to go. So, you can grow in your current role, taking on new responsibilities, or moving into different functions right where you are. Or, as you develop, you may decide to explore new experiences across the borders of what youve done before. Arbetsuppgifter
You will be leading and securing the automation development with IKEA's suppliers. This means that you will develop and design the in-house products to meet the requirements of the service requester. You are one of 2 automation specialists in the projects, which means that you will also act as the in-house expert for our units.
Some of the key tasks in this role is to:
* Develop and troubleshoot framework and library functionality
* Integration with Intralogistics Software
* Contribute and form an automation point of view in all technical aspects, i.e., constructions, components, production, test, quality and maintenance
* Review and verify design drawings and other technical documentation prepared by other departments to ensure correctness and accuracy in form, fit and function
Vi söker dig som
You love technology - and so do IKEA! You feel curious about leading and securing a global assignment with stakeholders all over the world. You like to be on top of innovation and dont hesitate on challenging status quo. You lead the business with a holistic view, always having the customer, supplier, and total business in mind. We believe that you are strong in building relationships, driving IKEA's agenda forward.
* Around 2-5 years of experience in automation design and solid knowledge in PLC
* Good knowledge in Tools as Automation studio, Jira and Sopas
* Open for business travels
* Fluent in English
A huge plus would be if you have a background within Supply Chain.
Great emphasis in this process will be placed on your motivation for the job as well as your personal qualities. As a person, we see that you are:
* Start: ASAP
* Work extent: Recruitment, permanent position
* Location: Älmhult, Sweden
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from IKEA Intralogistics that all questions regarding the position are handled by
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
Information om företaget
If you want to read more about Ikea, look at their website here!