Single Technologies is a start-up company within Bio-technology. They are developing a DNA-scanner that will take DNA sequencing to the text level.
You will take part of the journey of successfully completing the scanner and be part of a unique start-up and a journey to create the next generation of imaging and biological diagnostics. In this innovative company, you will work closely with colleagues in a multidisciplinary team and have significant impact on the products.
Single Technologies is a small team with a big goal in mind, which means that every team member gets to have an enormous and personal impact on our product.
Through Single Technologies you will have the opportunity to leave your fingerprint on one of the world's most innovative products.
Read more about Single Technologies here!
As consultant at Academic Work you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future. You will start with a six month employment with a good chance to be extended. Single Technologies search for a person to stay with them for a long time!
The successful candidate will join our application team and take responsibility for the product design from a polymer science perspective. You will work in a truly international and multidisciplinary team consisting of molecular biologists, chemists and physicists. You will develop, validate, and implement materials related to Single Technologies proprietary DNA sequencing systems. Within our small organization you have the opportunity to work with many aspects of product development.
Provide material solutions for robust and reproducible DNA sequencing
Develop and perform assays to characterize relevant material properties including stability, tolerances, and shortcomings of materials
Identify, understand, and resolve potential failure modes at early stages of the product development process, and provide technical input and strategies to progress research
Design robust, stable and highly controlled production processes of materials
Conduct clear and concise communication of experimental design, results, and conclusions at regular data-driven product development meetings
Follow good laboratory practices, including accurate documentation of experiments
Contribute to product development decisions through effectively work within multidisciplinary teams and routinely interact with biologists, chemists, physicists, data scientists, software engineers, mechanical engineers, electronic engineers, optics engineers etc. to solve problems and devise experimental plans
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Vi söker dig som
Were looking for a candidate with high levels of energy and a goal-oriented mind-set with background in polymer engineering. The right person is a positive initiative taker with high creativity, keen attention to detail and seeks to find efficient ways to reach goals and milestones.
• MSc or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Polymer Science or similar with 4+ years of hands-on industrial or academic research experience
• Hands-on knowledge of analytical tools for chemical and biological assays (SEM, AFM, UV-Vis, HPLC, DLS, fluorescence microscopy, etc.)
• Experience and interest in working in a lab environment
• Industrial experience in hydrogel-related engineering (tissue engineering, soft contact lenses, etc.) is highly desirable
• Knowledge in biochemistry and experience in bio-conjugation and bio-functionalization of metal/glass/polymer surfaces is desirable
• Analytical, organized, and adaptable self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication
• Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving multi-disciplinary organization, which requires real-time communication, flexibility, and a willingness to learn new techniques and methods
•• Ability to perform under pressure and adapt to changes (e.g. project direction, priorities, timelines)
As a person you are:
• Problem solver, you are able to come up with your own ideas, and contribute to new ideas and solutions.
• Structured, able to plan and organize yours and others work.
• A good team player, as you will be a part of a larger team and work together with people from a lot of different fields/disciplines.
• Start: As soon as possible
• Work extent: Full time. Six month consultant employment with a great chance to extension.
• Location: Sankt Eriksplan 48
• Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Single Technologies that all questions regarding the position is handled by
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase
Information om företaget
Single Technologies was founded in 2014 based on research into single-molecule imaging and biotechnology at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) and fiber optical gratings industry at Proximion.
Read more about Single Technologies here!