Candidate is expected to work on shift without supervision. This technician will be required to acquire a fundamental knowledge of Specialty Gas and Chemical Products and must develop a functional proficiency in the operation of all Specialty Gas and Chemical Delivery Systems. Will perform minor troubleshooting and preventive maintenance, some invasive maintenance and update equipment logs. This technician will be required to achieve a elementary knowledge of Quality Management and be able to communicate effectively using written and verbal skills.
Nature and Scope:
The primary responsibility is to perform daily rounds at a customer site with minimum supervision. Daily rounds include the ability to monitor all on-site delivery systems and equipment. The technician will also perform all routine tasks such as, container change outs, bottle deliveries, set up of analytical equipment and will properly respond to all customer requests. The technician will also provide basic administrative support by managing cylinder inventories.
Principal Position Responsibilities:
- Maintain and operate all chemical and gas delivery equipment. Understand how the mechanical portion of the equipment works, identify individual components included in each assembly, and perform non-invasive preventive maintenance.
- Perform daily rounds including verifying purifier set points, recording readings, calibrating analytical equipment, completing safety surveys, monitoring inventory levels, and verifying monitoring systems.
- Maintain product inventories.
- Perform container change outs.
- Monitor and understand correct delivery procedure for each product on site
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to move materials weighing up to 30 pounds to shelf located 4 feet in height.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to bend twist, push/pull, crouch, kneel.
- Be able to read and understand chemical labels.
Advantages of being a NSTAR Employee
- Work for an industry leading service provider to Semiconductor OEMs
- Experience the personal touch of working for a small company
- Become a part of the M+W family which offers the experience of a wide array of opportunities in various industries
- Receive the following travel package when traveling on assignment
o Arrangement and booking of hotel and flights
o Arrangement and booking of rental car and reimbursement for 1 tank of gas per week
o Hourly pay for total time spent traveling to start of assignment and back home at end of assignment
o Per diem and weekly phone and laundry expenses
o Access to NSTAR’s 24/7 travel hotline
- Receive competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, overtime pay, vacation days, sick leave, and paid holidays
- Gain rewards through NSTAR’s Loyalty Program, STARBright Rewards
ALL information provided to NSTAR will be kept confidential, unless you give expressed permission.
If this position does not seem like a match for you, but you know someone who might be interested, click here to submit your referral and learn more about our Referral Bonus Program.
Check out our website at www.nstargs.com, and browse for more open jobs at http://nstarglobalservices.com/job-seekers/open-jobs/
About the Company:
NSTAR Global Services, a company of the M+W Group, provides flexible and customized technical services and staffing solutions worldwide. M+W Group is a leading global engineering and construction partner for technology-based clients in the segments Electronics, Photovoltaics, Battery Cells, Life Sciences, Chemicals, Science & Research, Energy & Environment Technologies, Automotive, IT & Telecoms, Space & Security. Together our competence to link services, process, and automation technologies with facilities enables us to provide technically challenging solutions, from selective support of highly innovative start-ups to large-scale turnkey projects.
(keywords: Semiconductor, semicon, semi-conductor, “semi conductor”, “Field Service”, “Customer Service Engineer”, “Customer Service Technician”, “Equipment Technician”, “Maintenance Technician”)