*IMMEDIATE POSITIONS AVAILABLE*
7:00AM TO 7:20PM
7:00PM TO 7:20AM
CONSISTENT WORK SCHEDULE & DAYS OFF
ALL POSITIONS ARE FULL TIME & REQUIRE ONE WEEKEND SHIFT PER WEEK
POSITIONS ARE IN THE TOWNS OF HEWITT, RINGWOOD & WEST MILFORD
HOW TO APPLY:
Respond to this ad
Visit us during our walk in hours EVERY Tuesday and Thursday 9:30am - 12pm
1783 West Union Valley Road, West Milford, NJ
Our team of Direct Support Professionals in Upper Passaic County enjoy the rewards of making a difference every day, a supportive work environment, competitive salary & benefits package and opportunities for advancement.
The Direct Support Professionals on our team are responsible for performing tasks that are essential to helping adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities and significant behavioral challenges lead safe and satisfying lives. These are interactive positions that require team members to have constant contact with our residents.
Key responsibilities include:
- Interacting with residents in a manner that promotes respect and learning, supports resident goals, is consistent with resident IHPs and behavior plans and follows the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Responding to unexpected behaviors
- Communicating with team members through daily verbal and written reports on the progress and activities of residents.
- Monitoring and administering medication as well as providing education.
- Prompting or assist residents with personal care activities. Some of our residents are unable to perform these activities for themselves and require significant assistance with bathing, toileting and other personal care activities.
- Performing crisis intervention and, at times when there is an imminent safety threat, utilize authorized physical and/or mechanical restraint techniques.
- Escorting residents to medical appointments and recreational outings